State issue travel warning for mexico

Summer23

Thank you for the post. Even though I did know about the warning, I appreciate that you cared enough to post it.

We have a Cabo only 5 dayer booked for March. I'm not cancelling, even though Los Cabos area was specifically mentioned.

DH doesn't want to go and just stay on the ship, but we won't be having a pedicab driver take us to the local restaurant that is up in the residential areas either..

Bummer because it's a great restaurant.

Patti

I have been to Cozumel 9 times and did private excursions every time. We have always felt safe. This travel warning does have me worried for our trip next month tho. Cozumel is usually never part of the warning so may decide to do a carnival excursion this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I live in L.A. I've been here most of my life [and, I'm no spring chicken]. Would I go into certain areas of my city, at night, NO WAY! When I travel through L.A. on our freeways [day or night], I make sure that my car is in good driving condition, has a full tank of gas and if a God-forbid happens, NEVER, NEVER get out of my car and make sure I have a well-charged cell phone. Now folks, this is in my own hometown. These are troubling times ALL OVER THE WORLD.

What do I do when I travel to Mexico? You guessed it......I'm NEVER going to go into an area I'm NOT familiar with alone or at night. I will stay with my group, I will stay on the ship if I don't feel safe and I will have a wonderful cruise!

I've traveled the world, including Mexico and do plan on going back, on a cruise, in the near future.

The cruise lines will cancel any trips to Mexico if they feel their passengers are in danger.

Be safe, be careful, be smart!

The difference between this and a lot of the issues in cities and with terrorist groups gathering is the stuff like tainted alcohol that is out there. I say that because most of us know of areas we should not go in and things to avoid...but this problem is cropping up at decent resorts. If the drug folks are becoming more prevalent in the tourist areas, that is a really bad development as they take things to a whole new level of violence.

I have no desire to visit Mexico again at this point; there are too many other places I would like to see. There are places in the US I don't want to go either, but the intelligence on areas of danger is a bit easier to gather here. I have been to many countries and I may feel safer in certain places there than I do in certain places here, I feel safest overall here in the US.