Question About Day Pass For Spa?

GranysT

Am thinking about a day pass for the spa, for our Magic cruise, next month.

Quick question. If you purchase a pass, do you have to pick a certain day and time?

Or can you use it whenever you choose to go, during the week?

I assume you can go more than once, on that day, right?

I've thought about getting one for the week, but just not sure if I would have the time, or inclination to go to the Spa every day.

I think you will have to pick a specific day as the thermal suites are capacity controlled. I don't think you're able to purchase a single day in the fun shops only the week pass. Once you have it for the day you can use it all day (while the spa is open of course). I'd go to the spa on embarkation day and set it up, remember sea days go first!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP, they are for a specific day. Please remember, quantity is controlled and day passes are allotted depending on amount of weekly passes. If their quota is maxed then only a handful of daily passes will get sold.

OP, they are for a specific day. Please remember, quantity is controlled and day passes are allotted depending on amount of weekly passes. If their quota is maxed then only a handful of daily passes will get sold.

So can you buy a week pass before you are on the ship?

Thanks all, for answering my questions. I talked to my friend today, and she likes the day pass idea. She agreed with me that we wouldn't want to buy a week pass, and have to go every day, to get our money's worth.

We plan to go to the Spa at embarkation, and get the day pass. We just have to decide what day. lol

I do know if anyone plans to get a week pass, it is discounted a little, if you purchase it online before your cruise. Cost more once on board. For our 6 night cruise on Magic, week of Sept 24, it was $189 for 2 people.

For our 6 night cruise on Magic, week of Sept 24, it was $189 for 2 people.
So break even would between two (favoring day passes) and three (favoring the week-long pass) days during which you visit the spa.
  • Thanks 1

There are several YouTube videos that walk you through the thermal suite, but they're a bit deficient. I think I got a better view by viewing a video of the Carnival Dream spa:

(Follow it through the full set of four videos... they should come up one after the other.)

It is different, though: On Carnival Dream, the spa and gym are both on both levels, split (roughly) starboard and port, while on Carnival Magic the split is more by level, the gym below and the spa above. The following video is from the Carnival Magic, but I find the camera operator deficient and the correspondent inept. I'd go so far as to watch it with the sound off.

Thanks all, for answering my questions. I talked to my friend today, and she likes the day pass idea. She agreed with me that we wouldn't want to buy a week pass, and have to go every day, to get our money's worth.

We plan to go to the Spa at embarkation, and get the day pass. We just have to decide what day. lol

I do know if anyone plans to get a week pass, it is discounted a little, if you purchase it online before your cruise. Cost more once on board. For our 6 night cruise on Magic, week of Sept 24, it was $189 for 2 people.

You are gambling that there will be space available the day(s) you plan on going there. It is capacity controlled, and you could get shut out. At $40,/pp for a day pass, you are better off getting the couples pass for $189 for the week. If you go three days you are ahead of the game, plus you'll be guaranteed that you get in. You don't have to be a "couple" to get the couples pass! :)

Have you been watching the price of your cruise? If you can upgrade to a Spa room for $200 you have paid for your week pass and you get all the spa bonuses. They have added the scrub since we sailed last. Also the 2 passes per person for a Yoga or Pilates class is nice.

I bought a pass on the Dream then next time upgraded to Spa room.

loud 9 Spa Special Offerings

Guests in Cloud 9 Spa accommodations have access to the adjacent Cloud 9 Spa and will receive a wide array of special offerings. These perks apply to the first two-adult guests in each Cloud 9 Spa stateroom only.

• Priority spa appointments for reservations made by 6:00pm on embarkation day
  • Cruise-long pass to our Thermal Suites:

• Dry Heat Chambers (Lanconium and Tepidarium)
    • Steam Chambers (Oriental and Aroma Steam/Aromatic Grotto)

[*]Complimentary scrub kit with 8 luscious body scrubs to choose from to use in our Thermal Suites (one per guest)

[*]Complimentary Pathway to Yoga or Pathway to Pilates fitness classes (two per guest)

[*]Complimentary Body Composition Analyses (one per guest)

[*]Enjoy 10% off your first, 20% off your second and 30% off your third signature spa treatment when booked together or 20%, 30%, 40% when signature spa treatments are scheduled while the ship is in port (three treatments per guest).

[*]Spa-branded bathrobes and slippers for use during the cruise

[*]Cloud 9 Spa Carnival products in stateroom: Elemis Carnival Shampoo and Conditioner, Sharp Shower Gel and Vitamin Rich Body Lotion and hand and body Elemis Soap Disk.