Changing cruise

abby1257

Technically you don't change cruise dates. You cancel your cruise and book a different cruise. As other have said rate code is a factor as is if you have reach final payment date. After final payment date you have entered penalty phase. Call Carnival, you PVP or your TA, however you booked and ask.

Question....will i lose my deposit if i need to change and rebook a different cruise for personal reasons, thanks

If you are talkng about your cruise on April 2018 then the answer is no but if you booked early saver you will be charged $50pp when you cancel that cruise and the rest of your deposit would be held towards a future cruise.

They say you would have to put down a new deposit and the credit you have will be applied towards your final balance.

I have done this a couple times and found that if i called and canceled and booked a new cruise while on the same call they applied the credit towards my new deposit and i only had to come up with another $100 that they charged as administrative fees.

Bill

Thanks for your reply Bill..yes, it's for April 2018...We booked EARLY SAVER when the deposit was only 49.00...change would take place MONTHS before final payment due. Guess we shall find out ...

I believe with Early Saver you will lose your $49 deposit when you cancel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your reply Bill..yes, it's for April 2018...We booked EARLY SAVER when the deposit was only 49.00...change would take place MONTHS before final payment due. Guess we shall find out ...

if you paid a reduced deposit then if you change and they are not giving a reduced deposit you will have to paid the full deposit immediately

so if you paid 49.00 deposit you would have to pay the 50$ penalty and then possibly pay the full deposit which could be hundreds.

keep that in mind

I had to change a cruise due to an accident that my DH had. I called and explained my situation and the first person said I could cancel but I would lose my deposit and they would give me 600 back and I would lose 500. and to reapply the money it would cost us 300.00.

I said I would discuss it with my DH. We did, and we knew his health would not be good enough to travel when the cruise was going to be, so we called, and talked to another Carnival rep, and she said don't say cancel, say "change" if you have not paid in full. She used all the monies we had paid, got us a five day cruise and put the rest of the money on a future cruise that we had booked several months ago. And I didn't have to come up with any money, so it really depends on who you get when you call. Change, not cancel was the key. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...