Penthouse suite 10056 questions

Esperidon

Earlier this year we sailed Riviera in a veranda cabin and found everything worked very well for us. We are sailing Riviera again next year but this time in a Penthouse suite. What I would like to know from others who have sailed in both category of cabin is what differences should we expect. We have chosen cabin 10056 above one on the 11th deck, was this a good choice? Any other hints and tips about staying in a penthouse would be appreciated.

/.

Have not sailed in a PH but obvious differences are the size of cabins

You have a butler

You can get dinner served course by course from the GDR or the Specialties

Canapes every afternoon

more restaurant reservations

Early boarding on embarkation day

Lyn pretty much told you ... I'm not sure what your questions are, however. It's not like you really need specific tips in order to enjoy the suite.

If you have specific questions, please ask! We're happy to weigh in on questions when we know what they are.

We just got off our fourth Oceania cruise and on all four cruises we were in a PH. All cruises were on the Marina, which is identical to the Riviera. We have been in cabins 10018 (once) and 10020 (three times), which is a P3 category. It is not as mid-ship as 10056, a P2....it's a bit more forward. We happen to like the location because it is right near the laundry room. If I want to throw a load of wash into the machine it makes it so easy because it is right there, and there is absolutely no noise or issue with it being that close. The P3 category is slightly less cost than the P2 category. 10020 is next door to where the P3 category starts.

As for the cabin, we never stayed in the standard cabin but did see one on this last cruise. The PH category is wider, which is noticeable in the overall room, and verandah. The bathroom is larger and there is a fantastic walk-in closet. We don't really use the butler very much but he is available to you if you need anything. Another difference in the cabin is that you will pay a higher gratuity for the PH over the standard cabin if you use the guidelines that Oceania recommends for gratuities.

I think you will enjoy the cabin and will be happy with any PH on Deck 10.