Insurance Question

jjmsbu09

Just my thoughts. If you have a CostCo Citi card, use it to pay for your cruise. Deposit and all. I was reading what's covered under their protection policy and it's a lot. But if your fare isn't enough under what they cover, I suggest supplement insurance. Since my fare is significantly less than their limit, I'm golden. I read through all the fine print and it's pretty good coverage. Thoughts?

Again, we started out talking about travel medical insurance and evacuation which means getting you home when injured/sick.

The Costco Card does NOT cover any of that!

It's travel "accident" insurance is just like a life insurance policy if you die not if you get sick.

Again, we started out talking about travel medical insurance and evacuation which means getting you home when injured/sick.

The Costco Card does NOT cover any of that!

It's travel "accident" insurance is just like a life insurance policy if you die not if you get sick.

Ahh, thanks for clarification.

The original question was about medical coverage and evacuation insurance.

That is not the type of coverage offered by credit cards!

Your own insurance may include emergency care outside of the USA but not evacuation.

Chase Sapphire Reserve does offer this. I learned about it via these boards. Does have a hefty annual fee but majority of it is off set by travel credits and other benefits. I compared cost of the card (not including the 50,000 point bonus) to various options and I will save by using the cards benefits, supplemented with additional medical and evacuation coverage.

Hi,

I just looked at the Sapphire RESERVE benefits because I have the other Sapphire card myself.

It also has that accidental death but not emergency medical care or evacuation.

The original Sapphire card has all the travel benefits but not the extra pts or concierge service but you still need the medical coverage so for me I don't think it pays to get it but thanks for mentioning it.