Overnight in Hong Kong at the end of cruise - early flight?

m134

We are on a Millennium cruise that end with an overnight in Hong Kong. The ship docks in the morning of Jan 6, but disembarkation is not until the following day, Jan 7.

Will we be allowed to disembark the ship at 6 am on Jan 7 in order to catch an early flight out of HKG? We can carry our own luggage.

Thank you!

We were on Miliie in 2015 and our cruise ended in Hong Kong. Our flight was a little after midnight and we disembarked the day before. We took a shuttle to the Kowloon Airport Express station, stored our luggage and did some more site seeing, then returned for our luggage, took the train to the airport, where we walked to the nearby hotel, were we spent about 7 hours napping prior to our flight.

Not the same scenario that you have. If you have a flight prior to your normal disembarkation, you need to ask Celebrity about departing early. I don't think there would be a problem, especially if you handle your own luggage.

By the way, you can save lots on taxi fare by taking the Airport Express train.

We are on a Millennium cruise that end with an overnight in Hong Kong. The ship docks in the morning of Jan 6, but disembarkation is not until the following day, Jan 7.

Will we be allowed to disembark the ship at 6 am on Jan 7 in order to catch an early flight out of HKG? We can carry our own luggage.

Thank you!

We are on the same cruise. We have a late night flight on the 6th. We plan on heading to the airport after dinner.

You might check into the roll call for some ideas. :)

I overnighted on the millennium last fall in Hong Kong.

Yes. You can leave at 6 am.

You can actually leave anytime you want, first day in HK, that evening or 6am the next morning.

I'd guess half the ship had disembarked prior to the final morning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are a couple I don't think you save much by taking the express train - 2 train tickets vs one shared cab. You will probably be taking a cab from he ship to the station anyway. We have many times taken a cab all the way from Repulse Bay to HKG and never pay more than 50 US.

If you are a couple I don't think you save much by taking the express train - 2 train tickets vs one shared cab. You will probably be taking a cab from he ship to the station anyway. We have many times taken a cab all the way from Repulse Bay to HKG and never pay more than 50 US.

The Airport Express from Kowloon one way to the airport is 90 HK dollars or about $11.50 pp. We took the shuttle from port to Kowloon for a modest fee, I think it was $15 pp. We took a rather short taxi ride the previous day to do some site seeing and it cost about $40 US. We had three persons in the car, but no luggage.

Also, the AE allows you to check your luggage for the flight there, not at the airport.