Disney Dream - Advice on packing

Topheriscruisin

We're two weeks away from our first Disney cruise and I'm obsessing over what to pack. My strategy is to wear a bunch of summer dresses, have a bathing suit all the time, and pack a couple of nice dresses for the dinners. We have a 2 year old with us so we're packing extras of diapers, swim diapers, and wet wipes.

What was one thing you wished you pack and one thing you packed and you never used? Any advice on what to pack, clothes-wise? Any advice on what to pack when sailing with a toddler?

Random list of things I'm packing based off what I saw on reviews and YouTube

- lots of sunblock, aloe vera, and bug spray

- multiple bathing suits

- a plastic card to put in place of the KTTW card

- stroller

- sea bands, Bonine, ginger candy

- reusable water bottle

- toddler snacks

- plastic bags/trash bags

Thank you in advance!

We're two weeks away from our first Disney cruise and I'm obsessing over what to pack. My strategy is to wear a bunch of summer dresses, have a bathing suit all the time, and pack a couple of nice dresses for the dinners. We have a 2 year old with us so we're packing extras of diapers, swim diapers, and wet wipes.

What was one thing you wished you pack and one thing you packed and you never used? Any advice on what to pack, clothes-wise? Any advice on what to pack when sailing with a toddler?

- multiple bathing suits

- stroller

- reusable water bottle

- toddler snacks

Thank you in advance!

Since you said the Dream, I'm figuring that you're doing a 3 or 4 night cruise? If you're packing summer dresses, you don't really need extra "nice" dresses for dining. Unless you're doing Remy/Palo. Cruise casual is the dress for every night in the Main Dining Rooms.

Also would suggest you bring 2 swimsuits (nothing ickier than trying to put on a not-dry-yet swimsuit the second day).

Can't give you help with toddler items, we haven't sailed with a little one.

I only packed "well" once. That was when I did a one week cruise out of a carry on bag. The rest of the time, I typically pack way too much, no matter how much I take out!

Take all the on line packing lists and trash them. You don't need most of the stuff that people list.

You only need a nice dress if you are going to Palo or Remy, and one nice pair of shoes if doing adult dining. Otherwise, the entire cruise on the Dream is "cruise casual" which basically means wear whatever you want except a swimsuit to dinner. I get a lot of mileage out of black pants combined with various tops--a sparkly one for dress up night and more casual for normal nights. Since dinner is only a couple of hours, 2 pairs of pants can do the 4 night cruise! I can't object to anything on your list....but bonine is free outside the med center or at Guest Services. My first cruise, I did everything possible for motion sickness and had no problem. Second cruise I did nothing and still no problem, so I don't mess with all that stuff now.

Definitely 2 swimsuits per person. Passports, credit card, and you're practically good to go! Work out clothes if you plan to hit the fitness center, but fewer sets than you think you need. Pack more kid stuff and less adult stuff. You are probably aware that your child won't be allowed in any pool unless fully trained. The swim diapers are for use in the splash areas only.

We do "musical chairs" packing because there are no direct flights. By this, I mean that each suitcase contains a couple of outfits for each person, one swimsuit for each person, etc. We don't pack a "my suitcase," "your suitcase," "baby suitcase." Trust me, if your luggage takes a trip to somewhere other than MCO, you will be thankful for a couple of outfits while the airline sorts out their error. Fortunately, we've only had one case (mine) lost on the way to MCO; the issue has happened several times on the way home. But after that mis-directed bag, I realized the benefit of having some of my stuff in each case; it is unlikely that they'll lose all your luggage!

- multiple bathing suits

- stroller

- reusable water bottle

- toddler snacks

Thank you in advance!

I always bring more underwear than I need, which is a good thing. You are in and out of your bathing suit and at the spa that sometimes I change it 3 times a day. Bring hair ties and leave in conditioner if you have long hair. All that sea air will tangle your hair up pretty good. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With a little one wet wipes were always a must for us....still bring them and the little one is 8! Also I always pack destin because my child always buries herself in sand and always gets her bottom irritated and a child with an uncomfortable bum is not a happy child 😀

I only packed "well" once. That was when I did a one week cruise out of a carry on bag. The rest of the time' date=' I typically pack way too much, no matter how much I take out!

Take all the on line packing lists and trash them. You don't need most of the stuff that people list.

You only need a nice dress if you are going to Palo or Remy, and one nice pair of shoes if doing adult dining. Otherwise, the entire cruise on the Dream is "cruise casual" which basically means wear whatever you want except a swimsuit to dinner. I get a lot of mileage out of black pants combined with various tops--a sparkly one for dress up night and more casual for normal nights. Since dinner is only a couple of hours, 2 pairs of pants can do the 4 night cruise! I can't object to anything on your list....but bonine is free outside the med center or at Guest Services. My first cruise, I did everything possible for motion sickness and had no problem. Second cruise I did nothing and still no problem, so I don't mess with all that stuff now.

Definitely 2 swimsuits per person. Passports, credit card, and you're practically good to go! Work out clothes if you plan to hit the fitness center, but fewer sets than you think you need. Pack more kid stuff and less adult stuff. You are probably aware that your child won't be allowed in any pool unless fully trained. The swim diapers are for use in the splash areas only.

We do "musical chairs" packing because there are no direct flights. By this, I mean that each suitcase contains a couple of outfits for each person, one swimsuit for each person, etc. We don't pack a "my suitcase," "your suitcase," "baby suitcase." Trust me, if your luggage takes a trip to somewhere other than MCO, you will be thankful for a couple of outfits while the airline sorts out their error. Fortunately, we've only had one case (mine) lost on the way to MCO; the issue has happened several times on the way home. But after that mis-directed bag, I realized the benefit of having some of my stuff in each case; it is unlikely that they'll lose all your luggage![/quote']

Yes, I like the the black pants/blouse combo, and thank you for the heads up on the free Bonine at the med center! Yup, I saw that non-potty trained kids can't go in the pool, but that's ok. We're looking forward to the splash zone and the beach. :) Thank you for all the advice!

With a little one wet wipes were always a must for us....still bring them and the little one is 8! Also I always pack destin because my child always buries herself in sand and always gets her bottom irritated and a child with an uncomfortable bum is not a happy child 😀

Yes, Destin! I didn't even think of that, so thank you for tip!

I don't like dresses on the ship, especially in the daytime, when I'm outside...the wind can cause your dress to fly right up! Shorts are easier!

Aha, good point! I didn't think of it being windy, so I appreciate the advice. This changes my whole wardrobe now. :D

I always bring more underwear than I need, which is a good thing. You are in and out of your bathing suit and at the spa that sometimes I change it 3 times a day. Bring hair ties and leave in conditioner if you have long hair. All that sea air will tangle your hair up pretty good. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yup, extra underwear is a must! haha I think I'm doubling it cause I know we'll be bouncing in and out of the pool area. Thank you for your advice!