Private cabanas on deck?

smc0320

Do any Princess ships have anything similar to the "Retreat" cabanas on Holland America?

Royal/Regal/Majestic have similar with the Retreat.

The Sanctuary is on all Princess ships except Pacific.

Retreat Pool– Adjacent to The Sanctuary, the Retreat Pool provides an exclusive area for adults to relax and rejuvenate. The Retreat Pool on Regal Princess offers more space and seating than the adult pools on other Princess vessels, plus adds Retreat Cabanas that can be reserved for an enhanced experience. These cabanas are the perfect way to enjoy private space poolside, or even add the indulgence of one of the ship’s special picnic baskets. The Retreat Pool is open to all adults, and Retreat Pool Cabana rental is available beginning at $50 for a half day. At night, this area turns into the “Chill Lounge,” offering guests a relaxed outdoor space to enjoy the night with drinks and music.

The Sanctuary – This oasis of tranquility includes all the special touches that have made The Sanctuary so popular since it was first introduced in 2006, plus additional features unique to this class of ship. With a 20 percent larger space than on the line’s other ships, The Sanctuary adds four private Sanctuary Cabanas for more luxurious experience, plus two Lotus Spa Cabanas offering an elegant private space for a range of spa treatments. Featuring the air of a romantic hideaway under its distinctive white canopy cover, The Sanctuary design includes strategically placed rock gardens and special topiary planting with atmospheric lighting. These elements create an inviting path leading to a central pavilion. Guests can relax on luxurious plush lounge chairs or circular daybeds, while Serenity Stewards provide healthy refreshments and music players with peaceful music. Space in The Sanctuary can be reserved for $20 for a half day/$40 for a full day, per person.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

• 2 months later...
Does each cabana in the Sanctuary accommodate two people? If I'd like to have a cabana to myself, could I just pay for two people? I'm thinking of a half day.

You don't require a cabana to use The Sanctuary. You select your lounge chair in shade or sun. The cost is $20/half day/pp am or pm. If you wish to use the sanctuary board early and go right away to reserve your day and lounge.

Do any Princess ships have anything similar to the "Retreat" cabanas on Holland America?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just had to weigh in. The HAL cabanas are an unbelievable perk and value and would be for me a major reason to cruise HAL. I believe the one week price was around 200 bucks and the cabanas can be reserved in advance, have dedicated attendants, a table, food service and day bed. I am almost reluctant to mention this as it seems like a well kept secret on HAL.

We liked the Sanctuary and were hoping to book on our upcoming 10 night CB. That said the value prop and perks are much less than the HAL cabanas and (I am unsure of current cost for the complete cruise but believe it will be almost 600 bucks). Our last 7 night Sanctuary a few years ago was around 200 per couple.

If anyone knows the current 10 night price for complete cruise booking would appreciate this info. Also I understand that they will charge more for canal day (not that interested in that) so assume we will be able to get the full cruise "discount" for 9 of the days.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Just had to weigh in. The HAL cabanas are an unbelievable perk and value and would be for me a major reason to cruise HAL. I believe the one week price was around 200 bucks and the cabanas can be reserved in advance, have dedicated attendants, a table, food service and day bed. I am almost reluctant to mention this as it seems like a well kept secret on HAL.

We liked the Sanctuary and were hoping to book on our upcoming 10 night CB. That said the value prop and perks are much less than the HAL cabanas and (I am unsure of current cost for the complete cruise but believe it will be almost 600 bucks). Our last 7 night Sanctuary a few years ago was around 200 per couple.

If anyone knows the current 10 night price for complete cruise booking would appreciate this info. Also I understand that they will charge more for canal day (not that interested in that) so assume we will be able to get the full cruise "discount" for 9 of the days.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Sanctuary cost is $30/day/pp* if booked for the entire cruise both port and sea days, $300/pp for a 10 day cruise. This gives you your own comfortable lounger, but it is not a private cabana. To book arrive at the pier early to be one of the earliest on board. Go directly to the sanctuary to tour, select your lounge, and book.

* cost is $20/half day or $40/full day if days are booked separately.

Sanctuary cost is $30/day/pp* if booked for the entire cruise both port and sea days, $300/pp for a 10 day cruise. This gives you your own comfortable lounger, but it is not a private cabana. To book arrive at the pier early to be one of the earliest on board. Go directly to the sanctuary to tour, select your lounge, and book.

* cost is $20/half day or $40/full day if days are booked separately.

Thanks for confirming current cost! I am guessing we can exclude the canal day if we elect to. Know the drill (unfortunately) about 'rushing' to Sanctuary on boarding.