Princess vs Norwegian BLISS (Alaska)

GracefulCruiser76

Actually mid May - to early June is amazing in Alaska (most of the time). Historically this is the driest time.

Ironically - my worst weather was over July 4th. We had fog the entire time and couldn't see anything. So there are no guarantees with dates.

We are booked in May so this is good news

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have cruised many many (5+) times to Alaska on several cruise lines. The smaller the ship, the better the itinerary. If you just want a taste of Alaska, then it won't matter which ship you are on. If you want to get into the more remote areas, then you need a smaller ship. The Coral Princess has been my favorite Alaska ship so far. The open aft public decks were perfect for being able to see things on the both sides of the ship and stay out of the wind. Alaska is breathtaking. Enjoy

Be sure to ask on the NCL board, too. For us, the NCL Breakaway class was way too crowded (Bliss is part of the Breakaway class, but with two more decks of cabins). When we were on the Caribbean Princess the crowds were fine.

Do not feel limited by those two choices, either. If you want to try out NCL, the Pearl is a very good choice, it just leaves a day later instead. Pretty much every cruise line has some good ships based in Seattle, the only one I would not recommend is Holland America. If you are flying also be sure to check out cruises from Vancouver and Seward/Whittier (better itineraries, but one way north/southbound cruises). Seattle only does roundtrip cruises that require a stop in Canada.

If you ask me, I would recommend any ship that sails to Alaska except for the Bliss, Island Princess, and HAL ships. Have fun!

Edited by coolcruiser777