Snorkeling with Turtles

snowhite1019

Look in to going on a cruise that visits Tintamare island. We went on a 10-4 tour on the Santino earlier this month from Aquamania in Little Bay. It was a great day. We snorkeled at bot Creole Rock and Tintamare Island. Unfortunately no one saw turtles on our trip but there are many reports of people seeing turtles at Tintamare. Our DD saw turtles there last December while snorkeling.

Can anybody recommend a good company that offers a snorkeling tour which includes "snorkeling with turtles"? I obviously want somebody who is a good guide as well as taking us to some of the better snorkeling sites.

Thanks.

Barb

It is not part of your question, but have you ever considered scuba diving. I took a course a month before a cruise (I.e., got certified before the cruise). In numerous Caribbean ports, I have gone scuba diving and seen all sorts of interesting things ( including turtles) up close. Much better than snorkeling in my opinion.

When a snorkel excursion goes to Tintamarre (and it is a stop for most of well known snorkel excursions for cruisers), you almost are guaranteed to see at least a couple turtles. That's "almost" and not 100% but it is close to 100%.

A lot of the half day cruises don't go all the way to Tintamare especially the catamarans. They stop at Little Bay or Mullet or Long often. None of those spots offers very good snorkeling to me.