Hurricane irma....ugh

That Matthew trip, while NY was disappointing, turned out to be the best cruise I've been on. Ship was empty, no lines, and great weather just cruising up and down the coast. Not to mention credit and half off like you said. Best Cruise Ever!

It honestly was one of my favorite so far. LOL

That Matthew trip, while NY was disappointing, turned out to be the best cruise I've been on. Ship was empty, no lines, and great weather just cruising up and down the coast. Not to mention credit and half off like you said. Best Cruise Ever![/quote

I was on same cruise last year it was was a good cruise.We are going again Sept 24th on the pride hopefully, a lot of

people think we are stupid for booking during this time of year but it is what it is.It is the chance you take.

Mayor of Miami just held a press conference which was televised on the Weather Channel, and he is telling tourists to get out of Miami-Dade.

I'm so annoyed with Carnival right now. I wish they'd just cancel my cruise on the 9th. I really was excited to go, but I'm sorry I value my life more than a vacation. I just want to reschedule and have an anxiety free cruise. The mayor of your port city is telling tourist to get out. What makes Carnival think it is a good idea to have tourist come in? I'm flying on Friday so I would like to know in advance of that date if my cruise is cancelled. I saw Royal Caribbean already cancelled two of their sailings for the 8th, but weirdly have sailings going on the 9th they have yet to cancel that look to be leaving out of San Juan.

In all seriousness though, the cruise that Royal has cancelled is very similar to cruising leaving the same day on the Victory and on the Norwegian Sky. Carnival and NCL will both need to step up with some decisions now that Royal has pulled the trigger.

I will amend that. NCL has now cancelled the Sky sailing for Friday along with the Escape sailing on Saturday

I saw Royal Caribbean already cancelled two of their sailings for the 8th, but weirdly have sailings going on the 9th they have yet to cancel that look to be leaving out of San Juan.
I suspect we're seeing the difference between what it takes to cancel a 3 night cruise versus cancelling a 7 night cruise. There's a difference in terms of how much the cruise lines are willing to leave on the table, but it remains to see how much.

All I can criticize in this case is your post, for failing to follow the discussion and failing to provide a link to an actually offensive posting. While I disagree with grandmarnnurse's conclusion that it is a "total waste of money", not one part of her comment was offensive.

There have been some posts that I thought were rude, and I replied to them appropriately. I was trying to get you to post a link to one in a discussion I was following that I had missed. I guess I didn't miss any.

Let's set aside the meta-discussion and get back to the topic.

When appropriate I expect that the governor will issue a non-essential travel ban.

Cruise Critic needs a facepalm smiley.

Why would I know which ones you had missed? Or which ones you had posted on? I don't even know who you are or particularly care, so let's just say I am not that invested. Lord knows I have other things to do than jump through any hoops for you. It seems like you have a well established reputation for arguing and being a pot stirrer so I am just going to let you stir that yourself.

Good day (insert Gene Wilder meme)

Just spoke with Carnival and basically, I was told we have to wait for them to cancel to receive a full refund. The agent said they have made adjustments to cruises leaving from Miami and Tampa but not Fort Lauderdale since they are still unsure if it will be affected. Oh and no changes to the initerary either.

If your cruise is 4 days out and your flight is 3 days out, why would you be so adamant about Carnival canceling now? Not being a smart a—, just wondering what it matters

If this was directed at my post earlier then my answer is because I'm flying across the country. I would not want to be trapped in a city that is going to either be hit by the hurricane directly or suffer the impact from the winds etc. When I can be safely at home. Also, if you are flying into a city early you've obviously paid for airfare as well as hotels that most likely require you to cancel prior to get a refund. Carnival should not keep people waiting. If you cancel yourself you face penalties. If they cancel it you won't. I personally would reschedule my cruise so at some point they get my money either way. I just think it's fair to give people the option.

Just spoke with Carnival and basically, I was told we have to wait for them to cancel to receive a full refund. The agent said they have made adjustments to cruises leaving from Miami and Tampa but not Fort Lauderdale since they are still unsure if it will be affected. Oh and no changes to the initerary either.

Seems they feel the worst will be on the West coast of Florida....:confused:

Seems they feel the worst will be on the West coast of Florida....:confused:

Did they tell where the changes are posted for cruises leaving out of Miami? All I've seen on their website is the single paragraph saying they are monitoring the situation.

If this was directed at my post earlier then my answer is because I'm flying across the country. I would not want to be trapped in a city that is going to either be hit by the hurricane directly or suffer the impact from the winds etc. When I can be safely at home. Also, if you are flying into a city early you've obviously paid for airfare as well as hotels that most likely require you to cancel prior to get a refund. Carnival should not keep people waiting. If you cancel yourself you face penalties. If they cancel it you won't. I personally would reschedule my cruise so at some point they get my money either way. I just think it's fair to give people the option.

I see. But as long as they give you a days notice, isn’t that sufficient? As in enough time to cancel your room and flight? Legit questions. I don’t know what the cancellation policies are for flights. I do know hotels it’s generally 24-48 hours

Did they tell where the changes are posted for cruises leaving out of Miami? All I've seen on their website is the single paragraph saying they are monitoring the situation.
Social media does tend to get word of these things sooner than websites get updated. And that seems to be true for all major mass-market cruise lines.

One other thing that I've noticed. These advisories are being posted on some cruise line's home page and/or static website pages, i.e., the pages optimized for performance. Consequently, your browser may cache the pages (keep an old copy of the page, which is only replaced every so often). You really have to clear your cache every time to be sure you're getting the latest.

I think they’re referring to cruises that have left already? Because I haven’t seen anything about Miami or Tampa cruises altered for this weekend