Celebrity Credit Card OBC shared credit vs. individual credit

BuckeyeMan

Sailing with my wife in Dec. I have enough credit to redeem my CC points for OBC. What is the difference between shared credit vs. individual credit? It is just as obvious as shared credit is for either person in cabin while individual is only for one person? If so why would anyone choose individual credit? Maybe someone sailing alone.

Can anyone clarify the diffences? Thanks in advance.

Sailing with my wife in Dec. I have enough credit to redeem my CC points for OBC. What is the difference between shared credit vs. individual credit? It is just as obvious as shared credit is for either person in cabin while individual is only for one person? If so why would anyone choose individual credit? Maybe someone sailing alone.

Can anyone clarify the differences? Thanks in advance.

Shared credit will be 1/2 the credit in each person's on-board account. Individual credit will put it all in one person's account.

If both persons will be using the same credit card for on-board expenses, then it does not matter much as the two accounts will be combined. If using different credit cards, then the two do not get to share the OBC if only in one person's name.

Just want to add that you can ask Guest Relations to move OBC from one account to another.

The people don't even need to be in the same cabin.

As long as both parties agree, it is really not a problem regardless of how they divide the OBC originally.

As to the question of why someone would choose individual credit when two people travel together, it depends on their relationship.

Friends may prefer to keep separate accounts, or a parent may not want to share the OBC with a child.

If you have a combination of both refundable and non-refundable OBC, that may be another consideration in deciding how people split it up.

Just want to add that you can ask Guest Relations to move OBC from one account to another.

The people don't even need to be in the same cabin.

As long as both parties agree, it is really not a problem regardless of how they divide the OBC originally.

As to the question of why someone would choose individual credit when two people travel together, it depends on their relationship.

Friends may prefer to keep separate accounts, or a parent may not want to share the OBC with a child.

If you have a combination of both refundable and non-refundable OBC, that may be another consideration in deciding how people split it up.

We have $300 from Celebrity and $150 from TA plus at this point we will have $350 from CC. Wife and me as I mentioned and same cabin... at least as of today she is allowing me in the cabin :) :) We do have a balcony if I have to go to the doghouse again. Would we be best served by just getting shared credit?

Thanks in advance.

We have $300 from Celebrity and $150 from TA plus at this point we will have $350 from CC. Wife and me as I mentioned and same cabin... at least as of today she is allowing me in the cabin :) :) We do have a balcony if I have to go to the doghouse again. Would we be best served by just getting shared credit?

Thanks in advance.

Pretty much the same situation with us and our Oct 11th cruise. When requesting the $150 OBC from the credit card I picked "shared" being not sure which is "best" Figured, I'd see how it plays once we get on board and start to use 'um. BTW, about a week after I made the request for the $150 OBC I logged into my reservation and the OBC balance was increased by $150...so that looks encouraging for no surprises when I check in for the cruise at the port.

Cheers,

OHP