Sunshine Dining Room & Paid restaurant questions

TAYLORCPA

I have only cruised on NCL so forgive my questions if these are common knowledge. We are sailing on the Sunshine next month. First, are the dining room menus posted early in the day and if so, where? Next, is it difficult to get reservations at the paid restaurants? And is it possible to "show up" at the paid restaurants without a reservation? I know on NCL, it was almost impossible at times to get reservations after boarding and I want to be prepared if that is the case on Carnival.

Thank you so much!!!

Dinner menu for the day are posted on walls outside the dining room. You may access daily menus from your room TV also. Steakhouse reservations are a must on first and second nights for the free bottle of wine or 50% a bottle of your choice. I would recommend making online reservations now through 'Manage my Booking'. Waiting until you're on board may have availability but not the for your preferred times. You may change/cancel reservations up to 24 hrs ahead.

I know that the dinner menu is posted early in the day just outside the entrance to both dining rooms. Reservations are strongly recommended for the steakhouse because there are a limited number of tables and it can take 1-1/2 to 2 hours to turn a table. You might luck out by showing up or you might have to wait and the bar area is rather small.

The MDR dinner menus (as others have said) are posted outside the dining rooms and are available in the HUB app.

The steakhouse is probably the hardest specialty restaurant to get a reservation for; however, if you aren't picky as to day and time, they were still taking reservations when we were on board last time. JiJi's and Cucina are much easier to get reservations for and the sushi restaurant (I believe) doesn't take reservations.

On our recent sunshine cruise, after day 1, all the restaurants were booked. We were put on a wait list for Jijis and got a call around noon and were able to slide in at 730 that next night. We had booked Cucina the first day.

I would not wait and would book at least steakhouse and Jiji if those are of interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have only cruised on NCL so forgive my questions if these are common knowledge. We are sailing on the Sunshine next month. First, are the dining room menus posted early in the day and if so, where? Next, is it difficult to get reservations at the paid restaurants? And is it possible to "show up" at the paid restaurants without a reservation? I know on NCL, it was almost impossible at times to get reservations after boarding and I want to be prepared if that is the case on Carnival.

Thank you so much!!!

Menu is posted on hub, at the dinning room and on TV. Can almost always walk in and get a seat at Bonsai Sushi. Reservations needed at Steak House and Italian restaurant early as you can. Same day for two has worked for us many times. Wine deal in steak House on 1st night is worth it. (1/2 off bottle your selection, or free bottle of house wine) Enjoy Carnival Sunshine its our favorite.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app