Carnival Pride review, Sep 3-10, 2017

whitecap

I was on this sailing too. I had a good time regardless but was very disappointed by the changes. I think it could have been handled way way better. I honestly felt being told during muster put us in an unsafe situation. People got very very upset cussing and yelling. I actually got elbowed by a guy in From of me throwing a tantrum. I was not hurt just shocked. Having excursions cancelled was such a bummer. We tried the replacement excursion for Freeport and it wasn't what was described and felt like a waste of time and money. Being told within an hour of our scheduled arrival to Freeport that we would be 4 hours late was ridiculous. They knew before that. I wrote to carnival a few days ago. I had a discrepancy on our bill but also mentioned some of the issues we had. I'm not looking for a refund (other than the charge we shouldn't have had on our bill) but I would be more willing to give Carnival a try again should we receive a percentage off a future cruise. This was our first experience with carnival. Again we made the best of it and had fun. The food was good. The comedy club was good. Communication was awful. I understand why the changes were made, I appreciate being kept away from a hurricane but it could have been Handled much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, to follow up on this thread I started: As I posted earlier, I submitted a letter to Customer Care outlining my original issues with this cruise: 1. No notice of the change of itinerary until after muster and 2. Not receiving any compensation/choices for the change as were passengers of the following cruise.

Today I received a form letter via email that provided me with a science lesson regarding weather; apparently Ms. Triana-Perez is under the impression that I have a second grade edumacation and that I was under the impression that Carnival controlled the weather. She set me straight. She further advised that there would be no compensation for passengers of the September 3d cruise. Now the first thing that I noticed was that issue number 1 was not addressed and then I noticed that issue number 2 was not addressed either. Well I took a while and thought about the response and then decided that I really wanted to "speak" with someone so, I called the Customer Care number and spoke with a very nice lady who proceeded to explain the science of weather (stop me if you've heard this before). I then asked her to stop the science lesson for a moment and answer two questions for me. First, why weren't the passengers of the September 3d cruise given advanced notice of the itinerary change? Silence and then the answer; no one knew where the hurricane was going and so a change had to be made. So I tried again; ma'am, why didn't we get notice of the itinerary change "before" boarding the ship? Silence and then: hurricanes can't be predicted and so....At that point I stopped her and went on to question number two: Why did the cruise following ours get compensation with future cruise credit yet those on our cruise got nothing? Answer, silence and then, and this will get you, "they were inconvenienced with an itinerary change". Well you guessed it, now I have a question number three: those on the September 3d cruise were also inconvenienced with an itinerary change, so, are we going to get compensation? Ooops, now she's agaisnt the ropes and got to play defense; answer, silence and then, well, what do you expect? So I politely asked for the same 25% off a future cruise that those passengers on the following cruise received. Answer was, "I can't do that, would you like to speak to someone who can?" Why yes that would be greatly appreciated.

Enter Alfred: After going through all the same information with Alfred he advised that he could not provide any compensation for passengers of the September 3d cruise but, Customer Care was advising management of "all the complaints being received". So I asked Alfred if he agreed that if the passengers of the following cruise received compensation for the inconvenience that those of the September 3d should also, to which he replied, "that would seem fair".

So here is the bottom line: I paid for a "Caribbean Cruise" and got a trip to South Carolina and saw what a boarded up, sandbagged Freeport and Nassau looked like but never made it to the Caribbean; I got inconvenienced just like passengers the following week but they were compensated and I got nothing and lastly, representatives of Carnival agreed that passengers on the September 3d and September 10th cruises were treated "differently" as a solution to the same exact problem.

For those that were on the September 3d cruise, or any cruise for that matter, that experienced the same situation, Customer Care wants your call; take a few minutes and call them; they are asking for the calls, 800-929-6400, please call now operators are standing by! But wait there's more! If you call now and ask for a supervisor, you too can become one of the "Where's my 25%" group. Satisfaction is not guaranteed and if not satisfied please call: 800-774-6237 Princess Cruise Line, 866-562-7625 Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, 888-751-7804 Celebrity Cruise Line or 800-951-3532 Disney Cruise Line.

So, to follow up on this thread I started: As I posted earlier, I submitted a letter to Customer Care outlining my original issues with this cruise: 1. No notice of the change of itinerary until after muster and 2. Not receiving any compensation/choices for the change as were passengers of the following cruise.

Today I received a form letter via email that provided me with a science lesson regarding weather; apparently Ms. Triana-Perez is under the impression that I have a second grade edumacation and that I was under the impression that Carnival controlled the weather. She set me straight. She further advised that there would be no compensation for passengers of the September 3d cruise. Now the first thing that I noticed was that issue number 1 was not addressed and then I noticed that issue number 2 was not addressed either. Well I took a while and thought about the response and then decided that I really wanted to "speak" with someone so, I called the Customer Care number and spoke with a very nice lady who proceeded to explain the science of weather (stop me if you've heard this before). I then asked her to stop the science lesson for a moment and answer two questions for me. First, why weren't the passengers of the September 3d cruise given advanced notice of the itinerary change? Silence and then the answer; no one knew where the hurricane was going and so a change had to be made. So I tried again; ma'am, why didn't we get notice of the itinerary change "before" boarding the ship? Silence and then: hurricanes can't be predicted and so....At that point I stopped her and went on to question number two: Why did the cruise following ours get compensation with future cruise credit yet those on our cruise got nothing? Answer, silence and then, and this will get you, "they were inconvenienced with an itinerary change". Well you guessed it, now I have a question number three: those on the September 3d cruise were also inconvenienced with an itinerary change, so, are we going to get compensation? Ooops, now she's agaisnt the ropes and got to play defense; answer, silence and then, well, what do you expect? So I politely asked for the same 25% off a future cruise that those passengers on the following cruise received. Answer was, "I can't do that, would you like to speak to someone who can?" Why yes that would be greatly appreciated.

Enter Alfred: After going through all the same information with Alfred he advised that he could not provide any compensation for passengers of the September 3d cruise but, Customer Care was advising management of "all the complaints being received". So I asked Alfred if he agreed that if the passengers of the following cruise received compensation for the inconvenience that those of the September 3d should also, to which he replied, "that would seem fair".

So here is the bottom line: I paid for a "Caribbean Cruise" and got a trip to South Carolina and saw what a boarded up, sandbagged Freeport and Nassau looked like but never made it to the Caribbean; I got inconvenienced just like passengers the following week but they were compensated and I got nothing and lastly, representatives of Carnival agreed that passengers on the September 3d and September 10th cruises were treated "differently" as a solution to the same exact problem.

For those that were on the September 3d cruise, or any cruise for that matter, that experienced the same situation, Customer Care wants your call; take a few minutes and call them; they are asking for the calls, 800-929-6400, please call now operators are standing by! But wait there's more! If you call now and ask for a supervisor, you too can become one of the "Where's my 25%" group. Satisfaction is not guaranteed and if not satisfied please call: 800-774-6237 Princess Cruise Line, 866-562-7625 Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, 888-751-7804 Celebrity Cruise Line or 800-951-3532 Disney Cruise Line.

Did you actually get 25% off your future cruise? As a 9/3er, I might reconsider my planned Anthem cruise to Bermuda next year if Carnival were to finally make right the 9/3 cruisers...

EDIT: And I'm sorry you got the same crap form letter I got...it makes me feel a little better than others were blown off with their concerns and got the same "non-responsive" form letter, but then it doesn't at the same time, b/c then this really is corporate...

Did you actually get 25% off your future cruise? As a 9/3er, I might reconsider my planned Anthem cruise to Bermuda next year if Carnival were to finally make right the 9/3 cruisers...

EDIT: And I'm sorry you got the same crap form letter I got...it makes me feel a little better than others were blown off with their concerns and got the same "non-responsive" form letter, but then it doesn't at the same time, b/c then this really is corporate...

No, we weren't offered anything. We have done the Pride every September for 5 years but we are now looking to do something else for next September.

Yes, each person, the form letter signer and the two customer care service persons made it clear that they have been told to excuse Carnivals actions, or lack there of, on the weather. None wanted to address the issues I listed. I do encourage all those who feel they were not treated fairly and or the same as other passengers were treated, to call.

I skipped the calling b/c my time is valuable, but decided to chair surf 2018 cruises, and now have 3 cabins booked on a wonderful weeklong Anthem of the Seas route to Bermuda and Boston out of prime hurricane season for 2018:)...it was only $575 more total than we paid for Pride across our 3 cabins (same categories - 1 balcony and 2 interiors, although I admit having a fake view in Anthem is pretty awesome for the interiors)...so, we get a practically brand new ship with tons of amenities for both adults and kids (and still drivable distance) for not much more than we paid for this trip to practically nowhere...

If we'd have been thrown any bone by Carnival (or even had our feedback read and responded to appropriately), we'd probably have stayed on Carnival b/c of inertia and we know how it works:)...but we weren't, so now, it's been 10 years since my last RCCL, and it's time to check back with the competition and see what they have to offer in both ship amenities and ports...I'm pretty excited b/c theatre is my thing, and that ship has some amazing shows at night...

I skipped the calling b/c my time is valuable, but decided to chair surf 2018 cruises, and now have 3 cabins booked on a wonderful weeklong Anthem of the Seas route to Bermuda and Boston out of prime hurricane season for 2018:)...it was only $575 more total than we paid for Pride across our 3 cabins (same categories - 1 balcony and 2 interiors, although I admit having a fake view in Anthem is pretty awesome for the interiors)...so, we get a practically brand new ship with tons of amenities for both adults and kids (and still drivable distance) for not much more than we paid for this trip to practically nowhere...

If we'd have been thrown any bone by Carnival (or even had our feedback read and responded to appropriately), we'd probably have stayed on Carnival b/c of inertia and we know how it works:)...but we weren't, so now, it's been 10 years since my last RCCL, and it's time to check back with the competition and see what they have to offer in both ship amenities and ports...I'm pretty excited b/c theatre is my thing, and that ship has some amazing shows at night...

Well, even though you did call the Customer Care number for Carnival, I'm glad that you were able to reach out to RCCL and find a good solution to the Pride schedule. We are also looking around and I'm sure that we'll book with another line having got no satisfactory answers from Carnival.