12 days on Escape, a trip report!!

momto2js

the 7-day beverage package and any specialty dining package expired, on schedule, at the end of the 7th day. had to buy your own drinks.

I also was on this 12 day cruise and don't mean to hijack the thread but I can not say enough good things about the way NCL handled things. For the extra days we were ONLY charged gratuities ($13.99pp-balconly) which included a nice room and food (excluding uncharge resturants) Not a bad deal. What I do want to complain about is how many passengers complained about losing their beverage package. Really??? Just the port charges (3 days Cozumel) had to cost big $$$....let alone fuel for the journey back and forth to Miami to let off those that needed to get back and secure their homes. So if NCL recouped a even small amount good for them. We could have been dumped off at the pier 2 days before an incoming hurricane like Carnival did to their passengers. Saw most of them ended up in shelters.

P.S. to OP--I'm really enjoying your story!!

So did everyone keep their same room after the second departure from Miami? What did they do with the Sky Passengers, try to accomodate them in the same level of room they were in on the sky?

I was also on that sailing! Yes, everyone kept the same cabin ( I was in a Haven 2 bedroom suite). They allowed the Sky suite passengers to occupy the rooms that were vacated by the suite passengers who disembarked in Miami.

And I agree that NCL has been wonderful throughout all of this! They even gave us 25% off of our next cruise!

I was also on that sailing! Yes, everyone kept the same cabin ( I was in a Haven 2 bedroom suite). They allowed the Sky suite passengers to occupy the rooms that were vacated by the suite passengers who disembarked in Miami.

And I agree that NCL has been wonderful throughout all of this! They even gave us 25% off of our next cruise!

What was the mood like on the ship? Were people in normal good spirits for a vacation?

What was the mood like on the ship? Were people in normal good spirits for a vacation?

Yes. I think that most people were grateful to be out of harms way. Some were bitter about the drink package ending on Saturday morning at 3am. :D Some were anxious about the uncertainty of flight schedules. However, NCL also refunded a portion of our trip for the missed ports. And stated that they would provide up to $300 in rebooking of flight fees. All in all, I thought NCL handled the situation well.

Did you get the 25% off cruise credit yet? There's nothing in my account yet.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Did you get the 25% off cruise credit yet? There's nothing in my account yet.

Are you talking about the future cruise credit? If so, you won't see it listed as a credit, per se. But, yes when my TA went to book my cruise for next year, she said I will receive a discount of 25% off per person (that is based on the amount that we paid for the Escape cruise). So for instance, if you had an inside on the Escape, your discount is 25% of that fare. If you had a Haven suite, your discount is 25% of the Haven fare.

Are you talking about the future cruise credit? If so, you won't see it listed as a credit, per se. But, yes when my TA went to book my cruise for next year, she said I will receive a discount of 25% off per person (that is based on the amount that we paid for the Escape cruise). So for instance, if you had an inside on the Escape, your discount is 25% of that fare. If you had a Haven suite, your discount is 25% of the Haven fare.

Thank you!