NCL Sky to Cuba- reportedly a go!

Mirakrye

NCL posted it on their website. Here is the full post from NCL.COM

September 14th at 3:00 PM (7:00 PM UTC)

Our ships sailing from Miami will resume their normal operations this weekend. Norwegian Sky will depart as scheduled on Friday, September 15 for a three-day cruise to the Bahamas; the ship’s ports-of-call, Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay, were unaffected by Hurricane Irma. Norwegian Sky’s four-day cruise to Cuba departing on Monday, September 18 will sail as scheduled. We have received confirmation that the port facilities in Havana were not impacted by the storm and our tour operators are ready to receive cruise guests.

Norwegian Escape will depart as scheduled for a seven-day Western Caribbean cruise on Saturday, September 16.

We are working with our partners to assess impacts to the ports we visit in the Eastern Caribbean. Currently, we have changed all of our Eastern Caribbean itineraries to Western‎ Caribbean cruises for the next two months. As it's still early, we will continue to keep in close contact with our partners on the ground and have the flexibility to alter future itineraries to ensure a great guest experience, if needed.

I do apologize,

I have been scouring all the news articles and google for an update. I got kind of excited when I found something. Apparently when I am logged in to MyNCL.com, the update does not show up in my message center (still), only when I go to the main page, as if I were looking to book a new cruise, does it show up today.

Still excited though.. :-)

We leave the 16th for Cuba!

We do too! We have a small rollcall. Have you checked in?

I have read travel advisories for Havana, issued by the U. S. Embassy. https://cu.usembassy.gov/sm-09132017/ Electricity and water services are still out in parts of Havana, as of 13th. I'm sure a lot of progress will be made over the next several weeks.

We do too! We have a small rollcall. Have you checked in?

I have read travel advisories for Havana, issued by the U. S. Embassy. https://cu.usembassy.gov/sm-09132017/ Electricity and water services are still out in parts of Havana, as of 13th. I'm sure a lot of progress will be made over the next several weeks.

I have. I need to go back and check it out.

The cruise line's considerations are whether the port is accepting ships and whether their tour operators are willing to operate the majority of advertised tours. Both boxes are checked, so Monday's cruise to Havana is on.

Given the deteriorating political situation with Cuba (US diplomats being attacked and the US considering recalling them ), if you ever want to see Havana, now is the time.

I have heard or read nothing about Americandiplomats being attacked in Cuba. What is your source for this information?

Try this.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/02/548128130/u-s-reveals-details-of-alleged-sonic-attacks-on-diplomats-in-cuba

It's also been in the international press for several weeks now.