Folks that never do the research and then complain

draftxhorselover

It is reviews like this that have stopped me reading the review pages. Rubbish is posted and the editors do nothing about it and there is no option available for incorrect reviews to be commented on. I am not talking about personal viewpoints or opinions but incorrect facts being published. It is possible to 'Thank' the reviewer, but it is not possible to tell the reviewer they are a bit of a whinge-bag.

To quote the Westerdam review "So many old, unfriendly and grumpy couples that don't seem to like younger people and kids". However, to quote the reviewers "Raphosy" (sic) of the seas review "The climbing wall was always very busy with long queues and i only managed one climb the whole week. So was the table tennis always busy with really little kids. You really have to push to get a game and its not nice. I don't know why they do not have age restrictions or give one table to adult and one for the kids".

The the pool bands - Westerdam - "No bands in the pool, no pool parties," and the RotS review "The pool is small and was loaded with kids and there is always loud music playing which makes it difficult to relax or have a chat".

I think they do protest too much!

(and if you are Italian........:rolleyes:)

They do protest too much, I agree. I think some people are never happy, or only happy when they are complaining! I know people like that - they can be exhausting.

The most ridiculous complaining we ever heard was our trip up the Amazon River on Veendam some years ago. It seemed like there was a "Gripers Club" stationed in the Lido that were angry and very vocal about how they couldn't stand to get off the ship because it was TOO HOT! Well, yeah....it's hot. You're a hop, skip, and a jump away from the equator. For some reason they were upset with HAL for taking them there. Go figure.

I swear there were many people on that ship that had never looked at a map or cruise itinerary and had no earthly idea where they were going or what the temperatures at the ports were likely to be. We've run into people on other cruises that were clueless, but not to that extent.

Often wonder why people don't that the time to make a good decision on the cruise line and itinerary that would best suit them. :confused:

Our 2nd cruise was a disaster so we decided to (almost) repeat the itinerary with a competitor cruise line that makes no bones about it being budget cruising at ridiculously cheap prices. We had such a great time that we booked the same ship for a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords 3 weeks later - and had another great time!

To achieve the very low prices, the range of food on offer is more limited; there is no 24-hour buffet on offer; and the on-board entertainment is not Broadway Show and glitz. None of these factors were important to us - we just wanted a cruise that visited the listed destinations - and the ship did exactly that!

The only thing that reduced our enjoyment of the cruise was the constant anthem from fellow cruisers 'It's not P&O/Cunard etc - there's no 24 hour Buffet' etc. We knew it wasn't P&O or Cunard - the heading on the cruise invoice was different, the name on the side of the ship was different, and the cost of our cruise was lower! You cannot expect the quality of a 4 star cruise line for the price of a 3 star cruise - why would you?