NCL Breakaway questions on Haven aft facing penthouse

GrootmoederkKr

Been in aft penthouse on Breakaway and it's great. Never had problem with soot. Had breakfast on balcony three times. Balcony is huge. Also you don't get the wind on aft balcony like you do in forward. But you don't get the sun all day. The layout of the room is good. When you come in there's a little bathroom then the little dining area then living room. There's a door to balcony there. Then the separate bedroom and bathroom. Then another door to balcony. You will love it. Plenty of storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! On Breakaway, not all the aft balconies suites have 2 doors to the balcony. We always choose deck 9, as that has the largest balcony, and the only door to the balcony is from the living room. The bathroom on that deck level has a floor to ceiling glass shower wall, and there is a big window over the tub, If you have kids sleeping in the living room, the configuration with a second door from the bedroom is better, in my view. Im pretty sure it is decks 11 and 14 that have two doors, but Im not 100% sure.

Terry

We have sailed on several have aft penthouse suites and there will be some soot, but the steward will replace the covers nightly. It was never a problem

Have been in BA aft suites twice, and love them, but there was light soot both times. Not so much on the loungers, because they were under an overhang. But it definitely landed on the balcony floor. When the balcony got wet, it made a bit of a smudgy mess.

Would not hesitate to book this cabin again because it is just so nice. Second time around I brought a pair of flip flops that I only wore on the balcony, so I didn't track the mess in.