Freedom of the Seas -- 1st sailing after Europe

peter1975

We are sailing on the Freedom of the Seas on November 5th. The Freedom will have just returned from abroad. I just received my edocs and there is an "Embarkation Letter" that states "Freedom of the Seas will be arriving to Port Everglades from a season sailing abroad. U.S. Customs and Border Protection will be conducting full crew and guest immigration. Additionally, the U.S. Coast Guard will complete an inspection once the ship arrives. This may impact your pier experience as we cannot begin check-in and boarding the ship until these procedures have been completed."

Does anyone have any personal experience with one of these sailings that occur right after a season sailing abroad? I know there are a lot of variables, but was embarkation delayed by much? Was it extra chaotic? Should I expect any huge delays? We have typically enjoyed getting on the ship very early!

TIA

I would expect a couple of hours delay in boarding.

I would also expect a late Windjammer and stateroom opening, and possibly a less than optimal selection of food for the Windjammer embarkation lunch.