LIVE from the Grandeur of the Seas - Canada/NE Sept 21-30

CLE2CRUISE

On a cruise to the Southern Caribbean on Grandeur maybe 2-ish years ago, there was a group of dancers from a senior center in Baltimore who were sailing with us. A day or two into the cruise after we'd all been on the dance floor a few times, someone asked us if we were a part of the dance group...mind you, DH and I are in our mid 40's...we could only reply "Not yet," although I guess we could also have said that we're not from Baltimore. They were having a blast out there, though!

Would be delighted to join anyone on a dance cruise in the future, just let us know when you plan to go!

Verdict on Locomotion: enjoyable and danceable, even if the female singer was not the best we've ever heard. One night in the Centrum we were the only couple dancing, so the band just played stuff and had us dance to it. Danced my first tango in over a year that night - it's my least favorite dance. They have a really deep play list, and I think we heard them repeat only one song over 9 nights and both times Mustang Sally (west coast swing) was by request. Disappointed that they didn't know any salsa, but we got in fox trot, lots of rumba, waltz, foxy, night club 2-step, triple swing, hustle and several cha cha's that seemed to go on for an eternity. It was kind of like having your own private practice band that enjoyed watching you dance as much as you enjoyed dancing to their music. Got to talk to them a little bit last night as they were ending their last set of the cruise, and when we got off the ship this morning, we got a huge good-bye wave from the guitar player as we were waiting in the customs line. Would be happy to find them on our cruise to the Bahamas in February!

• 1 year later...

Hey all!  Guess what???

I AM taking another cruise! LOL Not as long away as I expected, 2 years since we leave in September :)  

My friends daughter is part of the dance show on the Anthem of the Seas so John and I and some other friends are heading back out (this time to Bermuda) mostly to see her.   I'm hoping that a shorter cruise, more friends and *ideally* better weather will make this one even more fun.  Here I go again!

Can't wait to share with everyone again! 😄

Lisa N.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CLE2CRUISE said:

Hey all!  Guess what???

I AM taking another cruise! LOL Not as long away as I expected, 2 years since we leave in September 🙂

My friends daughter is part of the dance show on the Anthem of the Seas so John and I and some other friends are heading back out (this time to Bermuda) mostly to see her.   I'm hoping that a shorter cruise, more friends and *ideally* better weather will make this one even more fun.  Here I go again!

Lisa N.

My wife and I will be on the wonderful Grandeur for the third time, sadly about 300 days from now, for a 12 days sailing to the Caribbean.

On the Anthem we had a veranda room that was angled by the hump and faced forward. Was quite large and a pleasure to get plenty of sun. We were on deck 7 and had no overhang to block the sun and if you looked down you could see the lifeboats, however they were NOT visible when lounging. 

The ANTHEM is more modern, larger and has amusement activities like rock walls, bumper cars and on-board surfing which may or may not be your cup of tea. 

No matter or no worries as you can find everything you liked about the Grandeur on he Anthem plus a lot more bells and whistles.

One difference we noticed was that the Schooner Bar, our favorite watering hole on Grandeur, seemed a bit less cozy on the Anthem.

The bathroom on the Anthem seemed very tight but functional. As usual the housekeeping steward (Rosnet) was wonderful and attentive to all our needs.

Our MDR dining was in the GRANDE restaurant and was very enjoyable with ambiance almost equal to that in the Olympic specialty venue on the Celebrity Millennial. Service was very good and meals were satisfactory although chosen from a fairly limited menu. 

We sailed to the Caribbean for 12 days on the Anthem just a few months ago and had a wonderful time.

Our prior sailings on the Grandeur were also to the Caribbean for 12 day cruises and we are booked once again on her for yet another 12 days to the Caribbean, sadly about 300 days from now..

The Anthem cruise from Cape Liberty (Bayonne NJ) provided a very easy embarkation process and return as well.

We do prefer the smaller ships but would not hesitate one second from another on the Anthem if the dates and itinerary were right.

Bermuda is a great port and after at least 4 visits there we found it has everything you could want from an Island, from beaches to bars, food, shopping, history and architecture.

I know you will have a great cruise and remember to take the meclizine at least 12 or so hours before the cruise if you are worried.. LOL

HAPPY SAILING

Edited by boscobeans

3 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Just a few photos of our stateroom... Anthem of the Seas

Hey!   These are terrific!  Thanks so much for posting.   Wow.  I can only hope we get an "obstructed" view that nice!    I'm sure this ship is very different and I'm excited to experience that!   I'm really looking forward to Wonderland too!

Thanks for sharing!

3 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

40 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

I know you will have a great cruise and remember to take the meclizine at least 12 or so hours before the cruise if you are worried.. LOL

and YES!!!!  I was thinking I would do that for sure!  LOL Thanks 😄

40 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

4 hours ago, CLE2CRUISE said:

Hey all!  Guess what???

I AM taking another cruise! LOL Not as long away as I expected, 2 years since we leave in September 🙂

Lisa N.

I'm glad you brought this thread back because I missed it the first time around.  Your review was hilarious!  I hope you do another one.

I understand what you mean about being overstimulated.  It's very easy to do on your first cruise.  My husband and I were the same way on our first cruise.  After a couple of days, I started crying because I was so tired. :classic_smile:  Now we know we don't have to try and see/do everything.  Pace yourself and carve out some together time.  Even if you don't have a balcony cabin, you can find some private spots away from the crowds just to chill and watch the water go by.

Edited by CruisinCrow

17 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

I'm glad you brought this thread back because I missed it the first time around.  Your review was hilarious!  I hope you do another one.

I understand what you mean about being overstimulated.  It's very easy to do on your first cruise.  My husband and I were the same way on our first cruise.  After a couple of days, I started crying because I was so tired. :classic_smile:  Now we know we don't have to try and see/do everything.  Pace yourself and carve out some together time.  Even if you don't have a balcony cabin, you can find some private spots away from the crowds just to chill and watch the water go by.

Thank you so much for saying so!  I was thinking it was just me LOL.    Yes maybe now we'll know how to sort out our time better.  Of course on this big ship, there are *MORE* things to do! LOL uh oh.     

And LOL about crying!  If I didn't actually cry I was pretty close, I'm sure.  It is definitely exhausting.

One thing I think we're going to try is the thermal spa.   Some friends suggested that as a way to "get away" from the ship activity.   Like you said, a private place to chill and watch the water go by.     Have you ever done that?

I appreciate your nice comments :)

9 hours ago, CLE2CRUISE said:

Thank you so much for saying so!  I was thinking it was just me LOL.    Yes maybe now we'll know how to sort out our time better.  Of course on this big ship, there are *MORE* things to do! LOL uh oh.     

And LOL about crying!  If I didn't actually cry I was pretty close, I'm sure.  It is definitely exhausting.

One thing I think we're going to try is the thermal spa.   Some friends suggested that as a way to "get away" from the ship activity.   Like you said, a private place to chill and watch the water go by.     Have you ever done that?

I appreciate your nice comments 🙂

Never been able to convince my husband to try the spa, although I think he'd really enjoy a massage if he tried one.  What we like to do is go to an outside deck, either the bow or the promenade deck and look for flying fish.  It is fun when you spot them.

• 3 months later...