Coffee From Cafe

globe9

Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that decent coffee was available at the cafe on board. And that there was a refillable cup.

I just want plain medium roast coffee with Splenda and 1/2 and 1/2. How much is the refillable cup? Any idea on how much the price is for the equivalent of a grande regular hot coffee?

Regular coffee is available "free of charge". Try that first, before figuring out if you need to spend money.

From what I remember the free coffee is pretty bad. I like good, strong coffee and don't mind paying for it. Just trying to see what the cost is and what this refillable cup is about.

Not sure how accurate this is, found it on-line recently. In my mind the Javablue is regular drip coffee, so $0.95 a cup!

Carnival COFFEE BAR menu (coffee prices for regular/fun size (ask for skim/soy milk)

• Cappuccino, Cafe Latte, Mochachino - $2,95/$3,50
  • Espresso - $1,95
  • Double Espresso - $2,25
  • Javablue drip - $0,95

hot beverages

• Chai Tea Latte - $2,95/$3,50
  • Hot Chocolate - $1,95/2,25

spiked coffee ($5,75)

• caribbean coffee (with tia maria, appleton rum, nutmeg
  • mexican coffee (cappuccino with patron xo cafe)
  • irish coffee (with Baileys & Jameson
  • chocolate lovers coffee (chocolate cappuccino, cruzan vanilla rum, creme de cacao)
  • hazelnut heaven (cappuccino with frangelico, vanilla rum)

iced coffee (cafe latte, cappuccino, mochachino) - $3,50

coffee flavors (syrup) - amaretto, coconut, hazelnut, caramel, french vanilla - $0,50

Hi,

If you buy the refillable insulated cup, $8.95 if I remember correctly, your first drink is included.

You will receive a punch card.

After buying 6 or 8 Your next is free

We do this on Miracle once a year.

I am vague on numbers cuz its been a bit ( Spring break ) since last cruise.

We find it to be worth it.

Blessings,

Sam

spiked coffee ($5,75)

• chocolate lovers coffee (chocolate cappuccino, cruzan vanilla rum, creme de cacao)

I had no idea about these spiked coffees!! For me, this puts all questions about Cheers "worthiness" to rest now because I plan to try all the flavors...and multiple times for sure!!

To anyone who tried them, how were they? They all sound yummy and a great way to start the day lol.

spiked coffee ($5,75)

I had no idea about these spiked coffees!! For me, this puts all questions about Cheers "worthiness" to rest now because I plan to try all the flavors...and multiple times for sure!!

To anyone who tried them, how were they? They all sound yummy and a great way to start the day lol.

cfr70, I know right!!! Always loved Cheers, just easier for me. But these spiked coffees put the 15 "drink" limit in play!!! :D

I've had several, and yes I think they're delicious!!! Great way to start the day

Edited by ULCajunCruiser
addition

Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that decent coffee was available at the cafe on board. And that there was a refillable cup.

I just want plain medium roast coffee with Splenda and 1/2 and 1/2. How much is the refillable cup? Any idea on how much the price is for the equivalent of a grande regular hot coffee?

They don't serve plain roast coffee at the coffee bar. If you find that the regular coffee isn't to your liking, you may want to try a single shot Americano (basically 1 shot of espresso with a lot of hot water). My dad likes "just coffee" and had an issue when we sailed Celebrity and would visit Café Al Bacio. He found that the regular Americano (2 shots of espresso) was too strong but a 1 shot was perfect and tasted just like good, regular coffee.

They don't serve plain roast coffee at the coffee bar. If you find that the regular coffee isn't to your liking, you may want to try a single shot Americano (basically 1 shot of espresso with a lot of hot water). My dad likes "just coffee" and had an issue when we sailed Celebrity and would visit Café Al Bacio. He found that the regular Americano (2 shots of espresso) was too strong but a 1 shot was perfect and tasted just like good, regular coffee.

Thanks for chiming in. I had been wondering about this. So can you clarify, the menu I posted above is one from one of the newer huge ships (like Vista) that have a Java Blue Cafe and not the one from the Coffee Bar on regular ships, like Valor??? If so, do you know if those other ships have a similar menu, or is it completely different?? You wouldn't happen to have a menu from a regular Coffee Bar?? TIA

Edited by ULCajunCruiser
spelling

Thanks for chiming in. I had been wondering about this. So can you clarify, the menu I posted above is one from one of the newer huge ships (like Vista) that have a Java Blue Cafe and not the one from the Coffee Bar on regular ships, like Valor??? If so, do you know if those other ships have a similar menu, or is it completely different?? You wouldn't happen to have a menu from a regular Coffee Bar?? TIA

The Java Blue Café menu is quite extensive:

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/javablue-cafe-beverage-menu.pdf

The regular coffee shop menu was posted by MaiTaiMary on a different thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49685524&postcount=3

cfr70, I know right!!! Always loved Cheers, just easier for me. But these spiked coffees put the 15 "drink" limit in play!!! :D

I've had several, and yes I think they're delicious!!! Great way to start the day

Yes! A couple of these coffees in the morning, a few beers in the afternoon, and a couple of martinis in the evening and right there makes Cheers "worth it" for me. As well as the convenience of trying these spiked coffees without worrying about price if I wind up not liking some of them...but i'm sure that's not going to happen. ;p

Hey globe9, didn't notice you were from New Orleans!!

All my football teams (and yours??) struggled last weekend. Hoping for a big bounce back tomorrow!!

I'm from New Orleans but I've got family in Crowley. My mom is a USL almunae:D

Isn't the Javablue drip coffee regular coffee?

• 6 months later...

To anyone who tried them, how were they?

I started every morning with an Irish Coffee. It's delicious.