Ncl pricing is ridiculous

OrlandoSingleCruiser

I just go with guarantee if the next category up has a big price difference as I figure the extra $1000+ I can buy my perks as I go along. If it's not much extra then I get the cabin with the UBP. It's a matter of working out how much you'd pay without the perks and doing the maths. Alcohol and gratuities are usually the only thing on my onboard account so the UBP is the only perk I'm usually interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it just me or is the NCL pricing hideous?

Let me explain. I just pulled up a few last minute cruises out of Miami to the Caribbean. I would be cruising solo so I check to see which cruises have deals for solo travelers.

For example, look at the 10/28 sailing on the Escape. It shows $649 + Tax for a balcony cabin "sail away rate" which is their basic guarantee balcony. Ok that's fine, I don't really care about where the cabin is. But the catch is that you don't get the 2 free perks you would get with a regular fare. Now if you look at their regular cabin fares for 1 person it starts at $1,798 in a balcony cabin. Whaaaaat????? That makes absolutely no sense. I can go and pay full price on a beverage package and the price would bring me to about $1,400. Wouldn't it make sense to have a regular balcony cabin option with the free perks they offer for around $1,200-1,300?

I don't know who does the NCL pricing but considering that even their studio cabins are sold out they should offer competitive pricing for singles in other cabins.

Why do I get the idea you very well know the answer to this. If you can get a better rate on RCI for heavens sake take it. Most cruise lines double the price for single occupancy unless they are running specials which happens from time to time. Maybe you should look for someone that would like to cruise with you so you would not have to pay the single price.

Why do I get the idea you very well know the answer to this. If you can get a better rate on RCI for heavens sake take it. Most cruise lines double the price for single occupancy unless they are running specials which happens from time to time. Maybe you should look for someone that would like to cruise with you so you would not have to pay the single price.

I do travel with others. Usually 2-3 others but we all enjoy having our own rooms.

I do travel with others. Usually 2-3 others but we all enjoy having our own rooms.

your choice, so why are you complaining about NCL all the time. Either pay the supplement or share a cabin. It is as simple as that. Just like families decide on 2 cabins or safe money by putting 4 in one cabin.:cool:

your choice, so why are you complaining about NCL all the time. Either pay the supplement or share a cabin. It is as simple as that. Just like families decide on 2 cabins or safe money by putting 4 in one cabin.:cool:

This entire thread wasn't even a complaint. It's about NCL pricing which doesn't make any sense.

If you don't like what I have to say then skip over it.

Let me explain. I just pulled up a few last minute cruises out of Miami to the Caribbean. I would be cruising solo so I check to see which cruises have deals for solo travelers.

For example, look at the 10/28 sailing on the Escape. It shows $649 + Tax for a balcony cabin "sail away rate" which is their basic guarantee balcony. Ok that's fine, I don't really care about where the cabin is. But the catch is that you don't get the 2 free perks you would get with a regular fare. Now if you look at their regular cabin fares for 1 person it starts at $1,798 in a balcony cabin. Whaaaaat????? That makes absolutely no sense. I can go and pay full price on a beverage package and the price would bring me to about $1,400. Wouldn't it make sense to have a regular balcony cabin option with the free perks they offer for around $1,200-1,300?

I don't know who does the NCL pricing but considering that even their studio cabins are sold out they should offer competitive pricing for singles in other cabins.

I simply avoid booking a cruise, where the price is illogical or irrationally high.

There are some great deals and value cruises available with Celebrity, MSC & Costa. Even Royal.

Norwegian transatlantic cruises are well priced and great value!

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

I just sailed with NCL as a solo. I got the inside cabin rate without being charged more for solos. It was like $659 from Miami.

It is TRUE that the sailaway cabin choice had no perks, but the REGULAR inside cabin did.

So we selected a $100 more base rate (instead of sailaway), got $50 OBC and picked one perk. We could have picked the Booze option, but we chose instead the $50 per port shore excursion credit.

THEN we got an option to upgrade, and I bid $85 (charged double $170) and was upgraded to a balcony spa like five days before sailing. FYI-there are no additional perks when upgrading.

My travel agent matched the $50 OBC and I booked though an agent.

So two of us sailed as singles and got our own cabins.

A former NCL cruiser, booked a single, then the rates dropped, and she was given cabin upgrades, more perks and then was offered for $82 more a balcony... She got way more perks. That of course is what she said.

It pays to look at the cabin choices and perks associated. NCL DOES limit perks when you choose "sailaway".

The no single supplement rate was dropped...about two weeks out from the cruise.

You very well MAY have been able to pick a different inside cabin for a few bucks more and get one perk...like we did. It was well worth it.