Is this plan ok?

spotte

A little background, there are 2 couples in our 50's. We are not into nightlife, don't need the beach and just need a place to stay to lay our heads for a good nights sleep. We are flying into MCO on a Thursday around 6:00pm. We will pick up a rental car and drive to Titusville and stay at the Best Western Space Shuttle Inn for 2 nights. On Friday we plan to get up and go to Kennedy Space Center and then out for supper and probably early to bed. We will be driving to Port Canaveral Saturday morning and returning the car and boarding the ship around 11:30. We are mostly concerned that we are staying in a safe neighborhood, relatively clean and quiet, a comfortable nights sleep and breakfast in the morning. Price is a fairly major factor. We will spend a little more if we get a good value for it. Right now the rate for our hotel is $46 per night per room. Our car rental with all fees and taxes is $107 for the 2 days for a full size car. Is this plan a good one or does anybody have any better ideas? Thanks for your help.

You need to look at the reviews on Trip Advisor for your hotel and decide for yourself. Most are not very positive.

I would stay in the Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach area. Then you will be very close to the port.

The four hotels closest to the port are Country Inn & Suites, Homewood Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson at the port.

All of the car rental agencies have a shuttle that will take you to the port on sailing day.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Titusville isn't a bad area, but I would definitely recommend staying closer to the port. The hotels recommended are good options, I would recommend Residence Inn or Homewood Suites myself. Not a bad drive to KSC from there, and there are several good restaurants in the area around these hotels and the port area.