Silhouette itinerary change

Scrivine41

We are booked in M/S Celebrity Eclipse for March 18, 2018 and we hope St Maarten will be open by the sailing date.

Not likely, we are booked on the March 2 cruise and expect this port to be dropped from our itinerary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

we are booked in march and are sure based on the hurricanes our itinerary will change. I know the cruise lines are busy with fall schedules. Has anyone heard when the spring itinerary will be updated?

My travel agent advised me 9/25 that “…the cruise lines are evaluating the damage done on some of the islands and creating new itineraries for those they expect not to be ports to visit. They are adjusting from the most recent forward so are through the beginning of December. Given March, 2018 sail date you have the chance of not being affected since it is still a ways out…” She is keeping me posted as she is receiving updates daily, I am also watching my Celebrity “dashboard” where I expect they would also post notice(s) too. If I hear anything more from my agent, I will try to come back and share.

These CruiseCritic articles had information as well:

After the 2017 Hurricanes: Where Will Caribbean Cruise Ships Go?

Hurricane Season 2017: Which Caribbean Cruise Ports Are Open?

Hope that is helpful.

My heart and prayers go out to those impacted by these awful storms. A lot of people on these islands have lost everything; I cannot even imagine what they are going through...

• 3 months later...
we are booked in march and are sure based on the hurricanes our itinerary will change. I know the cruise lines are busy with fall schedules. Has anyone heard when the spring itinerary will be updated?

If you have not seen it yet, Itinerary Modifications are posted at https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert

Hope this is helpful; happy sailing!