Thermal Suite

slotmomma3

If the weekly passes are not sold out, the spa should make day passes available. I believe others have posted that you don't have access to the spa facilities with a massage - only if you have a thermal spa pass.

It is something they offer and then take it away without any notice whatsoever after they have your cash. Good luck.

You are, of course, referring to another post on CC where a gentleman identified that he booked a spa pass and has since found out that the thermal suite will be closed for maintenance. As this is the first time I've ever heard of this happening (and we cruise with NCL a lot and often use the thermal area), it's a little strong to suggest that this is common.

OP: If you like relaxing in a spa environment and getting away from the masses, it's a great amenity.

I enjoy the Thermal Suite because of the heated loungers, but they are not available on all ships (here's looking at you, Star!). You do NOT gain access to the Thermal Suite if you are having a massage.....I mistakenly thought this the first time I was on a ship that offered it, so did not pre-purchase. $20 more if you pay on the ship. Larger ships (away class) have many more amenities available (like salt and ice caves), but also cost more for the pass. Some ships offer day passes, but you are taking a chance, since day passes might/might not be offered. The smaller jewel class ships have the steam rooms in the respective guys/girls area instead of co-ed like on the larger ships. We don't like to lay out in the sun, so are better served with the spa pass. It all depends upon your tastes and if you like a hot tub soak after a day of excursions, etc. But do check out the website. I, personally, am a fan!

It is something they offer and then take it away without any notice whatsoever after they have your cash. Good luck.

Here is what it is about:

OP, as long as I've been on Cruise Critic, this is the only time I remember that the thermal suite has been closed for maintenance, as it is for this poster's cruise. So if you want to enjoy it, feel comfortable booking it.

If you're not familiar with the thermal suite, may I suggest that as soon as you board go to the thermal suite and request a tour. After the tour, you can decide if you want it or not. I always buy the thermal spa pass. Well worth the extra $. I usually spend at least two hours a day there. Total relaxation.