Is Club Class now "mandatory" for Suite passengers?

peety3

Someone posted a review of the cruise we were just on, and indicated that suite dinner was in Club Class. I've since looked at the Princess promotional materials for suites, and on the suite benefits page (https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf), I now see "Exclusive Club Class dining in the main dining room for breakfast and dinner daily as well as lunch on sea days...", and I don't see any mention of traditional dining as an option.

The two times we've sailed in a suite while CC was "present", we had the option of traditional dining, and the promotional materials indicated that suite passengers had their choice of dining arrangements and that their requests were guaranteed. Although Club Class has its perks (don't get me wrong, I do like the concept and we did enjoy it for breakfast/lunch), it's exclusive, for better and worse (if you're traveling with non-CC folks, you can't dine with them). I'd always been of the impression that suites could still select Traditional Dining, and anyone else could link their booking to the suite pax and be able to join them at that assigned table.

Anyone have any more definitive insights on this?

There are only a small amount of Club Class cabins and there cost about $400 more than a Regular Mini-Suite. IMHO I don't see that they are worth the extra money. We are booked on the Royal Trans-Atlantic in April and the price was $400 more per person and I can't see $800 in value.

Someone posted a review of the cruise we were just on, and indicated that suite dinner was in Club Class. I've since looked at the Princess promotional materials for suites, and on the suite benefits page (https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf), I now see "Exclusive Club Class dining in the main dining room for breakfast and dinner daily as well as lunch on sea days...", and I don't see any mention of traditional dining as an option.

The two times we've sailed in a suite while CC was "present", we had the option of traditional dining, and the promotional materials indicated that suite passengers had their choice of dining arrangements and that their requests were guaranteed. Although Club Class has its perks (don't get me wrong, I do like the concept and we did enjoy it for breakfast/lunch), it's exclusive, for better and worse (if you're traveling with non-CC folks, you can't dine with them). I'd always been of the impression that suites could still select Traditional Dining, and anyone else could link their booking to the suite pax and be able to join them at that assigned table.

Anyone have any more definitive insights on this?

In the dining portion of the cruise personalizer you can switch to Traditional dining, if you prefer it, when you book a Club Class Mini or a Suite. Traditional dining is only for dinner, so you can still enjoy the breakfast and lunch perks that Suites get.

So yes, you can still get traditional dining and eat with your non suite friends when you link the bookings :)

We are booked in a Club Class Mini and had Traditional dining originally, but I want to try this Club Class dinner thing, so we changed it to Clubclass Dining instead of Traditional (it is one word in the personalizer). Haven't had that cruise yet.

You are not supposed to post duplicate threads. Please ask the moderators to delete one

This post generated an error message. I went back, waited five minutes, rechecked the boards, and did not see this post amongst the list so I posted the other one. So...in my eyes, I only (successfully) posted once, but apparently I was wrong. Thanks for the lecture, and yes, there's plenty more discussion on the other one.