ANC airport - late evening flights, north or south terminal?

Straitlover

Not sure if this belongs here or under Cruise Air. Mods, please move if necessary!

I'm trying to determine our flights for June 2018. We may not be landing until 10 PM or later. Our hotel in Anchorage does not have a restaurant, and we won't be getting our rental car until the next day. We will have a layover in Seattle so will eat something there, but I know after a long day of traveling from NC to AK we will probably want a little something after landing at ANC. I see on the airport website there are several places in the south terminal that are open later. North Terminal only has some kind of sandwich shop that is open only during flight times.

Does anyone know if the late evening flights use north terminal? If so, could we take the shuttle over to the south terminal for some food before leaving the airport? Not sure which airline we would be arriving on since all the schedules aren't out yet, but if I had to guess based on 2017 prices, it will probably be either Alaska or Jetblue.

EDIT: well, I may have answered my own question. I think North Terminal is international flights??? If so, that's not us since we would be coming from Seattle. :)

Edited by Straitlover

EDIT: well, I may have answered my own question. I think North Terminal is international flights??? If so, that's not us since we would be coming from Seattle. :)

Yes, your flight will arrive at the south terminal. The north terminal is for arriving international flights.

This may be the site you referenced. There are several restaurants in the south terminal that will be open when you arrive.

http://dot.state.ak.us/anc/travelerInfo/passengerSrvcs.shtml

Click on the link: Shopping, Dining and Services

steer me away from one,

The list at the link given isn't up to date... There's no longer a Chili's there. Now its.... Pork & Pickle? Something like that. I'd avoid that one. We ate there last year and was not impressed. Food was bland, prices were high.

I had noticed there were a few differences between the list on the site and on the terminal map pdfs. One listed the Chili's and the other listed the pork and pickle as coming soon w/ no Chili's.

I will keep Silver Gulch and Humpys in mind. Maybe one of us can order food to go while the others go collect the luggage at baggage claim.

There are some great restaurants at Seatac, not just fast food chains like Wendys and McD. Try Ivars or Anthonys if you like seafood. It's only a 3hr flight from seattle to Anchorage, so if you have a decent meal, you'll survive!

http://seatacshops.com/eat

Yum! We will be ready for a good meal there asfter a 6-6 hr flight. ANC might jsut be a good snack so our bellies aren't screaming when we wake up the next morning.

Funny thing on that site re Ivar's - says all the food can be carried on your flight. I sure don't want to smell somebody's fish on my flight, LOL!

I don’t remember the airport being so large that you couldn’t go between terminals if you wanted a specific restaurant.

It's less than a 10 minute walk between terminals although there are no restaurants in the North Terminal, only vending machines.