Carnival Freedom

Griff61

Usually the higher the deck the more $. But if you think 7 is better than 8, it probably works out for you that 7 is cheaper.

Thanks for the reply. I understand that usually higher is more dollars and I am on deck 7 I just find it odd. I would think with the pool area above deck 8 that those units would be noisy with the chairs and people moving around.

Never been on a cruise before so maybe I am wrong thinking that they would be nosy.

The higher you go, the more expensive the cabins get, even if they are under the pool. I would not book anything but a forward cabin on deck 8 on that class of ship. I think 7 aft would be the way to go - cabins above & cabins below.

Just curious and a question

Why are the aft balconies on deck 8 , which is below the lido deck with pool , more expensive than deck 7 ? I would think that they would be noisier.

TIA

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

I guess there are more people who want to be closer to the action than people who are concerned about deck noise overhead. We booked a deck aft on sister Conquest, without thinking about it, but the deck noise was a problem so we said given the choice of noise or an extra flight of stairs, we’d take the stairs next time.

Haven’t sailed a Conquest class since, but on the Dream Class and Vista Class ships we’ll never book anything but a Cove - we love being closer to the water and definitely do not like looking down at a deck vs the Ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess there are more people who want to be closer to the action than people who are concerned about deck noise overhead. We booked a deck aft on sister Conquest, without thinking about it, but the deck noise was a problem so we said given the choice of noise or an extra flight of stairs, we’d take the stairs next time.

Haven’t sailed a Conquest class since, but on the Dream Class and Vista Class ships we’ll never book anything but a Cove - we love being closer to the water and definitely do not like looking down at a deck vs the Ocean. The Coves are cheaper because they are lower, but we have sent the upgrade fairy back to neverland when offered a Spa Balcony.