Boarding pass?

panoramaofthepast

We received our travel documents today - a nice itinerary booklet, but nothing that would qualify [iMHO!] as a boarding pass. This is something that all other lines we have been on require, so I was wondering . . Veteran Viking cruisers, is such a document required and, if so, where would I find it!

Thanks

We received our travel documents today - a nice itinerary booklet, but nothing that would qualify [iMHO!] as a boarding pass. This is something that all other lines we have been on require, so I was wondering . . Veteran Viking cruisers, is such a document required and, if so, where would I find it!

Thanks

I don't remember a boarding pass. We had our invoice and little booklet included with you packet. I think that was it, along with picture ID and passport and I think that is it.

There is no boarding pass. Other than the luggage tags, you do not need to bring any of the documents you received if you don't want to. All you need for identification is your passport. Make sure it will be valid for at least 6 months after the dates you are traveling.

Edited by Richard2

No boarding passes needed. For departure when you check in your luggage, they print one for the gate. You're booked by Viking and the airline knows you're coming.

For return, in many airports you put your passport into a scanner and it prints boarding pass and luggage tags. Sometimes Viking has assistants at the airport to help you (bordeaux, nice) and sometimes they don't (stockholm).

First timer on V...Does V give each passenger an ID card when they board as other lines do? With this you can charge any purchase and have the charge on your invoice. It's also used to register egress and ingress so they know that everyone is aboard.

Yes you get a passenger ID card that you must use to get/off ship. This also works door and the lights in your stateroom. We just gave cabin numbers when charging anything on the ship.