New Cheers! question.

candigirl41

My friend and I are going on the Carnival Miracle in November. We want to pre purchase cheers and use two different credit cards. I know in order to do this we have to call the fun shops. I want to know if anyone has any experience with this. Will we still get an email confirmation? Don't want to get on board only to find out they have no record of this. I did a search and could not find the answer. Thank you in advance for any advice. I would wait until we board, but would like to get the pre purchase savings.

Cadni

My friend and I are going on the Carnival Miracle in November. We want to pre purchase cheers and use two different credit cards. I know in order to do this we have to call the fun shops. I want to know if anyone has any experience with this. Will we still get an email confirmation? Don't want to get on board only to find out they have no record of this. I did a search and could not find the answer. Thank you in advance for any advice. I would wait until we board, but would like to get the pre purchase savings.

Cadni

Who did you book with? Just call them ( carnival, PVP, or TA).

Always ask for email confirmation, safer that way.

You can do it online through "Manage My Booking" You can each use your own credit card.

In my experience, Cheers must be booked and paid for by all over 21 in the cabin in one transaction. I have sailed with a friend on 2 occasions since being able to purchase Cheers online. We were only able to make one transaction with one credit card while purchasing online. The last time I did this was May 2017 so perhaps it has changed and there is the ability for 2 card online. We opted to order online, one person put it on the credit card and the other person paid back.

Usually if you call you can make transactions on 2 cards

I appreciate all the feedback. If you are paying with two cards you have to call. They will not let you do it on line. I called today and was told we would have to do a 3 way call. I figured out how to do that with my carrier so I will do that once I am ready. I really wish they would let people do it on line and if both parties don't do it within a timeframe say, 72 hours, they could just cancel the one who did pay. The very unhelpful person I spoke to said just wait until I get on board. I wanted to ask him if he would be willing to pay the extra $35.00 plus tip for us both. At least I figured it out.

Thanks again.

Candi

I appreciate all the feedback. If you are paying with two cards you have to call. They will not let you do it on line. I called today and was told we would have to do a 3 way call. I figured out how to do that with my carrier so I will do that once I am ready. I really wish they would let people do it on line and if both parties don't do it within a timeframe say, 72 hours, they could just cancel the one who did pay. The very unhelpful person I spoke to said just wait until I get on board. I wanted to ask him if he would be willing to pay the extra $35.00 plus tip for us both. At least I figured it out.

Thanks again.

Candi

3 way calls are very simple, you call Carnival, then that PVP will call the other party. Should have nothing to do with your carrier.

We book with a couple from Fla. and it works great.

3 way calls are very simple, you call Carnival, then that PVP will call the other party. Should have nothing to do with your carrier.

We book with a couple from Fla. and it works great.

We are not calling a PVP. We were told we have to call the fun shops and they won't call the other party. I have to call my friend and then call Carnival Fun Shops. But thank you for the information. This is what I wanted to do but the fun shop person told me we have to instigate the call they will not call the other party.

Candi

We are not calling a PVP. We were told we have to call the fun shops and they won't call the other party. I have to call my friend and then call Carnival Fun Shops. But thank you for the information. This is what I wanted to do but the fun shop person told me we have to instigate the call they will not call the other party.

Candi

You have been misinformed!

In my experience, Cheers must be booked and paid for by all over 21 in the cabin in one transaction. I have sailed with a friend on 2 occasions since being able to purchase Cheers online. We were only able to make one transaction with one credit card while purchasing online. The last time I did this was May 2017 so perhaps it has changed and there is the ability for 2 card online. We opted to order online, one person put it on the credit card and the other person paid back.

Usually if you call you can make transactions on 2 cards

Just did it on the Sunshine for the 9/16 cruise...my sister and I each did Cheers....two separate credit cards. We also did it paying separately for an excursion. All online...no phone calls....

Just did it on the Sunshine for the 9/16 cruise...my sister and I each did Cheers....two separate credit cards. We also did it paying separately for an excursion. All online...no phone calls....

That's interesting, because when I go to purchase it won't let me do it unless I pay for both. It says Peter's room and then when I click through I have to pay for both. There was no way to change it to pay for just mine. I just tried it again after I read your reply.

Thanks again to all.

Candi

That's interesting, because when I go to purchase it won't let me do it unless I pay for both. It says Peter's room and then when I click through I have to pay for both. There was no way to change it to pay for just mine. I just tried it again after I read your reply.

Thanks again to all.

Candi

If it just says Peter's room are you even listed as a passenger? You really have to call as they seem to not know who you are or not have your credit card on file.

If it just says Peter's room are you even listed as a passenger? You really have to call as they seem to not know who you are or not have your credit card on file.

Yes I am listed as a passenger and they have my credit card on file.

It's listed as Peter's room and then when I click through my name shows up, but it requires me to pay for both. I am going to call when we are ready and do the 3 way call.

Candi

My sister-in-law and I had the same situation. Last year I gave her my cc # and she called the Fun Shops and they split the charge on the 2 credit cards. She was sent an email of the purchase (which we took with us when boarding). There wasn't a problem. We'll be doing the same thing this year.