Price drop after 90 day payments due?

notes21

I am currently booked on a spring break cruise this March on the Magic, but due to a family member's visit that is better for everyone else in the family at that time, I am going to move to the Conquest 12/31 sailing out of ft lauderdale. The 90 day payments for that cruise are due 10/2.

Any idea as to how long it takes for there to be a price drop if they are going to have one after that point? I am traveling solo; so, any reduction in price is significant to me when paying double. The decision to change was decided yesterday, and it just seems silly to me to pay before that date since I'll be having to pay the full price really either time that I book. Does anyone have any experience with this? I know it could burn me the other way. I don't want to wait too long, but hoping this could maybe help some. I have checked that there are still a good amount of the cabins I want left.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Not sure if prices are more likely to go up or down on that one with New Year's Eve being embarkation day. Generally a cruise with a holiday is unlikely to have much in the way of price drops. But with the holiday being on embarkation day and the end of the school holidays, that might make it a bit less desirable than other holiday sailings.

There's a website I use that will give you the price history for every cabin category on every sailing. On this sailing there has been very little fluctuation in price so I think there is less likely to be a significant price drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sanger727 -- Is the site you use a little fishy? I hadn't thought to check there, but see that recent price drops have only been around 1%.

Not sure whether its worth holding out or not then, but even a small drop is more significant when solo.....of course, that means a small rise is more significant too.

Overall, it seems price drops are much harder to come by, even since last year. The new ES program takes the benefit out of the smaller drops. I still watch very closely, but find few valuable drops now.

Holidays, I haven't found any drops, even in the past.