Great Stirrup Cay Cabanas....Cost?

dongordon

Great Stirrup Cay Cabanas:

What is the cost?

Are the Great Stirrup Cay cabanas available to everyone or only Haven guests?

What is included?

How are they purchased?

Before the cruise or on the cruise?

Thanks.

Don:cool::cool:

Hi Don,

Those are available to all guests, they are listed under shore excursions.... here's some sample pricing/details, but price can vary depending on the sailing date.

Small Cabana

Your private cabana holding up to six guests offers the seclusion of Fiesta Beach and relaxing views of Bertram's Cove. Each cabana includes all the amenities required for a relaxing day at the beach. Once you have settled in, munch on chips and salsa, fresh tropical fruit and complimentary bottled water. Enjoy the sea on a complimentary floating mat, plus a $50 credit toward food and beverages while on the Cay.

Note: Price listed is per cabana (not per person) therefore only one person needs to reserve the cabana. Cabana rental is good up to 6 persons, with the ability to add up to two additional guests for $25 per person. Additional guests will be charged onboard. Cabana rental includes up to 4 complimentary floating mats. The small cabanas are located on Fiesta Beach, west of Cabana Beach. Guests with limited mobility will not be able to access the water from the cabana. Prices are seasonal. l

Approximate Duration Adult from Child from All day $299 USD* $299 USD*

Large Cabana

Ideal for small groups or large families, your large private cabana accommodates up to 8 guests and comes with everything you need to enjoy your stay on the Cay. Bottled water and fruit, await your arrival. Once you have settled in - enjoy the sea on a complimentary floating mat, plus a $50 credit toward food and beverages while on the Cay.

Note: Price listed is per cabana (not per person) therefore only one person needs to reserve the cabana. Cabana rental is good for up to 8 guests, with the ability to add up to two additional guests for $25 per person. Additional guests will be charged onboard. Cabana rental includes up to 4 complimentary floating mats. The large cabanas are located on Cabana Beach, a secluded beach adjacent to the main beach area. Guests with limited mobility will not be able to access the water from the cabana.

Approximate Duration Adult from Child from All day $319 USD* $319 USD*

AFAIK, prices for those GSC cabanas varied by ships and has been going up higher & higher ... even for the Gem this May, at higher prices than those posted above.

For our upcoming BA sailing ... about a month out - the small one is going for just $549 (yes, not a typo/misprint ... just checked in our MyNCL account) so might as well book the large one for "only" $50 more or $599 - room for 8 instead of 6 for the small.

Both available for online booking ... (plenty of staterooms for sale, as well ;p)

AFAIK, prices for those GSC cabanas varied by ships and has been going up higher & higher ... even for the Gem this May, at higher prices than those posted above.

For our upcoming BA sailing ... about a month out - the small one is going for just $549 (yes, not a typo/misprint ... just checked in our MyNCL account) so might as well book the large one for "only" $50 more or $599 - room for 8 instead of 6 for the small.

Both available for online booking ... (plenty of staterooms for sale, as well ;p)

You're right. For the BA in December I'm seeing the same prices you have. The info I copied was from the general shore excursion page on the NCL website. In the past they sold out quickly, I guess they have found a way to not sell out so quickly...:')

Not a bad deal if you have a few people to share the cost with, but for a couple it's quite steep. The last time we had one we shared the cost between 3 couples from our CC roll call.

You're right. For the BA in December I'm seeing the same prices you have. The info I copied was from the general shore excursion page on the NCL website. In the past they sold out quickly, I guess they have found a way to not sell out so quickly...:')

Not a bad deal if you have a few people to share the cost with, but for a couple it's quite steep. The last time we had one we shared the cost between 3 couples from our CC roll call.

Hi Margaret...

Thank you and the others for this information.

Should my family GEM cruise in January change itinerary and head west...GSC might be one of the cruise stops.

Give my best to Steve.

Don:cool::cool:

• 1 month later...
I just saw a video showing a large cabana, and it had a hammock. Do the small cabanas have hammocks too?

Not so sure from what we saw - and it was out in the hot sun, no shades - good for a "lobster" bake, LOL ... to get roasted even with sun protection, but that's just us.

Hey, NCL - update your video used on the official website, it's old from 2013

This video is newer & much better, reflecting more recent upgrades done to it - the lagoon area was still "work in progress"

Incidentially, we are booked on the GEM again in 2018 and just logged in to see what's up ... prices are the cabanas are definitely lowered for the mid-sized ships calling there.

"Only" $425 for the small (6 guests) and $475 for the large (8 guests) - up to 2 extra guests can be added to the above @ $25 p/p (on the Breakaway, extra fee was $50 p/p this month ... wow, "supply & demand") $50 food/beverage credit & 4 float mats included, etc. All of that for up to 7 hours on the private island - ;p - and, no discount for Platinum/Plus ... but, at least, no 18% "surcharge" yet.

Sailed on Sky earlier this week - small cabanas were $299 and large ones $399. Sailing on Escape in mid-January - small cabanas are $549 and large ones $599. I assume it's because Escape holds twice as many passengers so they expect more interest in the cabanas vs Sky. While some were still available before sailing, once we reached GSC all were booked.

Yup, that's the video I saw! (The newer one.)

Where are the small cabanas in relation to the large?

Large cabanas are just past the giant concrete structure they're building (I assume for a zip line?). Small cabanas are just past the light house bar. Large cabanas are pretty close to the Bacardi Bar and are closer to the pier. I personally preferred the location and views of the small ones to the large ones.

• 1 month later...
"Only" $425 for the small (6 guests) and $475 for the large (8 guests) - up to 2 extra guests can be added to the above @ $25 p/p (on the Breakaway, extra fee was $50 p/p this month ... wow, "supply & demand") $50 food/beverage credit & 4 float mats included, etc. All of that for up to 7 hours on the private island - ;p - and, no discount for Platinum/Plus ... but, at least, no 18% "surcharge" yet.

I'm just gold, but I still got the latitudes discount for my booking in a few weeks.

I'm just gold, but I still got the latitudes discount for my booking in a few weeks.
Did you get that discount by calling in ? I just check ours, no reduction shown online. Worst, our price doubled and that's for one small Cabana, LOL.

$425 x 2 ... gotta kidding. Yeah, sure - no way, Jose (another I.T. error)

18733fd086660df92726091a43ff6e5b.jpg

on AT&T 4G, T-Mo/Project Fi or WiFi via Blu R1HD w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Did you get that discount by calling in ? I just check ours, no reduction shown online. Worst, our price doubled and that's for one small Cabana, LOL.

$425 x 2 ... gotta kidding. Yeah, sure - no way, Jose (another I.T. error)

18733fd086660df92726091a43ff6e5b.jpg

Once I added it to my cart, I was able to see the discount in the cart screen.

• 4 weeks later...
If I do not see a cabana listed under shore excursions, does this mean that they are sold out?

Yes, it means there are none left to rent. There aren't alot and they go quickly. Book them as soon as you book cruise if your interested in obtaining one. I would check at shore excursion desk once aboard to check if anyone had cancelled theirs. Worth a try. Good luck.