NON-AI beach/resort recommendations?

HolySpearit

Hey all! Looking for a nice beach day in Cozumel. I have looked into the popular Nachi/Mr. Sanchos but it appears (correct me if I'm wrong) the only options are for all inclusive. My husband does not drink and I plan on sticking to bottled beer. We also don't eat a ton in port as I'm a vegetarian. $110 seems a little high for 2-3 bottles of Dos Equis, 2 chairs, and maybe some chips and guac.

Any recommendations for a decent resort that would NOT make us purchase a full AI package? I've looked into Playa Mia which is cheaper, but it seems kinda kid-centric and it's just the two of us

Just looking for a nice beach with clear water, a bar where I can buy a bottle or 2 of beer, and sit and stare at the ocean :) Any ideas? Or is Playa Mia not as kid filled as I think it will be?

Hey all! Looking for a nice beach day in Cozumel. I have looked into the popular Nachi/Mr. Sanchos but it appears (correct me if I'm wrong) the only options are for all inclusive. My husband does not drink and I plan on sticking to bottled beer. We also don't eat a ton in port as I'm a vegetarian. $110 seems a little high for 2-3 bottles of Dos Equis, 2 chairs, and maybe some chips and guac.

Any recommendations for a decent resort that would NOT make us purchase a full AI package? I've looked into Playa Mia which is cheaper, but it seems kinda kid-centric and it's just the two of us

Just looking for a nice beach with clear water, a bar where I can buy a bottle or 2 of beer, and sit and stare at the ocean :) Any ideas? Or is Playa Mia not as kid filled as I think it will be?

I would suggest looking at Money Bar (although not actual sandy beach), Palancar, Paradise Beach or non-AI side of Mr Sanchos.

The farther south you go the small bars are less crowded, but the big beach bars get really busy. The money bar is close and have decent food and bar prices. Probably has some of the nicest restrooms. A little farther south is playa corona , an older beach bar. Usually very quiet, beers last year were about 3.50 US, margarita were about 7.00. They had remodeled the bathrooms, but still not as nice as money bar. Next to that is the new Sky reef bar. Didn't stop last year, but 2 years ago is was nice. Both have man made sand beaches and usually don't charge if you buy food and drinks.