Anthem - 8 nights

Hi,

When sailing on the 8 night Bahamas Anthem of the Seas cruise in the winter, when can we expect to reach warm weather? The NCL Breakaway gets to Orlando after 1 full sea day, whereas the Anthem takes 2 days from NYC to get to Orlando. I assume the ship will go at a slower speed. Or will Royal Caribbean go full speed and make an effort to get everyone to warm weather as soon as posssible?

Since it'll be cold out, will the ship still go full speed to reach warm weather by the second sea day, or as a result of taking 2 days to get to Orlando instead of two, will we be subject to two days of cold weather and not hit the South for an extra day?

Thanks!

Edited by robbykapnj

If I am not mistaken, the Breakaway is a 7 day cruise while the Anthem is offering an 8 day cruise. You are getting an extra sea day by design so yes, it will be cruising at a lower speed on it's way south. I would suppose that the ship will pace itself evenly while heading down to Orlando. If you call RC, I am sure the representative can give you more specific details. The one thing I do know is the Anthem was built with cooler weather in mind and so there are two indoor pool areas and there are many indoor activity spaces and lounge areas. The Solarium pool space is particularly wonderful. I don't think you will be disappointed.

If I am not mistaken, the Breakaway is a 7 day cruise while the Anthem is offering an 8 day cruise. You are getting an extra sea day by design so yes, it will be cruising at a lower speed on it's way south. I would suppose that the ship will pace itself evenly while heading down to Orlando. If you call RC, I am sure the representative can give you more specific details. The one thing I do know is the Anthem was built with cooler weather in mind and so there are two indoor pool areas and there are many indoor activity spaces and lounge areas. The Solarium pool space is particularly wonderful. I don't think you will be disappointed.

I agree with everything you wrote, except this.

Don't bother calling. :D

The 10/28 7-day sailing of Anthem only has one sea day from NJ to Port Canaveral but 2 sea days returning from Nassau. Much prefer this to the reverse. Need the 2 days on the return to chill out before returning to the "old" routine back home.:D

Would guess by day 2 you should be able to sunbathe.

MARAPRINCE

I have this itinerary booked on Anthem in March. I did a similar 8 day itinerary a few years ago on Carnival Splendor in January our of NYC. It did start to warm up on the second morning when we were off the coast of the Carolinas but not really warm enough to sun bathe comfortably. Even our day in Florida was very cold (for Florida standards) and windy. It was not an enjoyable day at Port Canaveral. The weather in Nassau and Freeport was really nice and warm and the water was warm enough to swim. I expected it to be a rough cruse but it was nice and calm both directions.

Have a great cruise on Anthem.:cool: