December 3, 2017 Oasis Sailing

Original Eastern Caribbean booking ports of call were Labadee, San Juan and St. Martin.

Mock booking today lists Eastern Caribbean Cruise ports of Nassau, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Talked with three individuals at RCCl and they are seeing the same discrepancy but can not confirm or deny that there have been any changes on that cruise.

Original Eastern Caribbean booking ports of call were Labadee, San Juan and St. Martin.

Mock booking today lists Eastern Caribbean Cruise ports of Nassau, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Talked with three individuals at RCCl and they are seeing the same discrepancy but can not confirm or deny that there have been any changes on that cruise.

Ports have been changed

I am on that sailing, too.

They've changed all Oasis itineraries since the hurricanes hit. Itinerary changes caused by natural disasters don't get you any credits or anything for the change. The port of St. Maarten was claiming they'd open on Nov 11 so I'm surprised they've posted changes already. They have been telling people they'll give them official notice 30 days in advance, so that listing may be premature, but it is one of the itineraries they've been using. I was hoping we'd get the alternative of Labadee and St. Maarten, with St. Kitts or St. Croix. I'd like to spend some money in St. Maarten to help those poor people out! Bottom line, though, the ship's the destination for me. I'd be fine at sea for 7 days. Financially it is a bummer, though, because not only is the Western route traditionally cheaper, but the post-hurricane prices (after most of us have paid our final payment) are unbelievably low. Guess that's what we get for planning in advance!

We have 18 on this sailing. I'm not going to lie, this is a terrible replacement for the eastern itinerary. Please don't mistake, I'm fully empathetic about the horrendous damages to the ports and I understand the contract as I've been sailing with RC for a long time, but there are much better port options out there that are still functioning (including Labadee) than to create an awful itinerary like this one. The original Western itinerary would be better than the replacement and even that was far cheaper to book than this eastern was. I understand the challenge and I expected that Labadee was likely to be our only port to remain the same but we didn't even keep that and to throw Nassau and Costa Maya in just sucks. I had a credit on this cruise because we had a significant cabin issue on our last cruise which was extremely disappointing. There are some interesting trends happening in recent times with RC and it's all starting to make me question my loyalty.

I am on that sailing, too.

They've changed all Oasis itineraries since the hurricanes hit. Itinerary changes caused by natural disasters don't get you any credits or anything for the change. The port of St. Maarten was claiming they'd open on Nov 11 so I'm surprised they've posted changes already. They have been telling people they'll give them official notice 30 days in advance, so that listing may be premature, but it is one of the itineraries they've been using. I was hoping we'd get the alternative of Labadee and St. Maarten, with St. Kitts or St. Croix. I'd like to spend some money in St. Maarten to help those poor people out! Bottom line, though, the ship's the destination for me. I'd be fine at sea for 7 days. Financially it is a bummer, though, because not only is the Western route traditionally cheaper, but the post-hurricane prices (after most of us have paid our final payment) are unbelievably low. Guess that's what we get for planning in advance!

Maybe Royal is switching some ships, like Oasis, but not all. I am inclined to believe that St Maarten will start small. A few ships rather than the typically busy port-load. Then once they know they can handle the traffic and influx of people they will gradually have more ships docking.

I am on Harmony Eastern that same week (Dec 2nd) and so far our itinerary has not changed, still St Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee. Not to say it wont in the coming weeks.

Maybe Royal is switching some ships, like Oasis, but not all. I am inclined to believe that St Maarten will start small. A few ships rather than the typically busy port-load. Then once they know they can handle the traffic and influx of people they will gradually have more ships docking.

I am on Harmony Eastern that same week (Dec 2nd) and so far our itinerary has not changed, still St Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee. Not to say it wont in the coming weeks.

Actually if you go to the RC site and do a new booking on Harmony Dec 2nd it still shows as Eastern but port stops are Nassau, Falmouth and Labadee. I imagine, like ours, your cruise planner still shows the old itinerary.

Actually if you go to the RC site and do a new booking on Harmony Dec 2nd it still shows as Eastern but port stops are Nassau, Falmouth and Labadee. I imagine, like ours, your cruise planner still shows the old itinerary.

Interesting. On the agent site it still shows the original itinerary... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have 18 on this sailing. I'm not going to lie, this is a terrible replacement for the eastern itinerary. Please don't mistake, I'm fully empathetic about the horrendous damages to the ports and I understand the contract as I've been sailing with RC for a long time, but there are much better port options out there that are still functioning (including Labadee) than to create an awful itinerary like this one. The original Western itinerary would be better than the replacement and even that was far cheaper to book than this eastern was. I understand the challenge and I expected that Labadee was likely to be our only port to remain the same but we didn't even keep that and to throw Nassau and Costa Maya in just sucks. I had a credit on this cruise because we had a significant cabin issue on our last cruise which was extremely disappointing. There are some interesting trends happening in recent times with RC and it's all starting to make me question my loyalty.

Where? There are only a few ports that can handle the ship. Cruises originally on western are taking up the dock space, so there are few options

That's been said for 10 years or more. You have the option to go elsewhere

Where? There are only a few ports that can handle the ship. Cruises originally on western are taking up the dock space, so there are few options

That's been said for 10 years or more. You have the option to go elsewhere

You're absolutely correct, I do. There are lots of other ports that they're using right now for the large ships but way to be a cheerleader. Rah rah.:rolleyes:

I’m not happy with change. Why can’t we go to St Kitts, somewhere else and Labadee? Never been to St Kitts or Labadee and was looking forward to going.

Plus I’m still paying more for a Western itinerary. Never fancied Mexico so won’t be getting off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not happy with change. Why can’t we go to St Kitts, somewhere else and Labadee? Never been to St Kitts or Labadee and was looking forward to going.

Plus I’m still paying more for a Western itinerary. Never fancied Mexico so won’t be getting off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe because the ports are already occupied?

I have the same issue with a Jan 28 oasis cruise. The cruise planner still shows St Martin, Labadee and San Juan. They even have excursions on sale in those ports. The Notice about itinerary changes only lists changes thru Nov 5 sailing. BUT for new bookings they are advertising the alternate ports.

Just let me know what is going on so I can make a decision. I would rather tender someplace than go to Nasau, Cozumel and Costa Maya for the price of the better itinerary.

I'm hoping it's a mistake. When you go to the itinerary, and then go to book now, and then change date, it gives you the options: Nov 5, 19; Dec 3, 17; Jan 14, 28; Feb 11, 25; March 11, 25; April 8, 22.

November 5th has been legit changed. Maybe when they changed that one, it was linked to all of those future ones and was changed by mistake. There's no way they would have changed the itinerary that far out (April).

It is my understanding that they are listing the "new" itineraries approximately 30 days prior to sailing. Final itineraries are not being changed too soon as they are waiting to see how the damaged ports are coming along before they change them too far out.

Right after hurricane Maria, Cozumel and Costa Maya were listed as the itinerary for my cruise on Oct 22, but our final and "real" itinerary will be Nassau, Falmouth and Labadee. I'm not crazy about any of those ports, but will enjoy nevertheless.

Unfortunately, because every cruise line that currently has ships in the Caribbean is trying to reposition their ships and itineraries, the ports we would like to hit may not always be available, plus we have the added size of Oasis, limiting the number of ports it can dock at.