Transportation Suggestions Please

TMW67

Since we are not doing a tour, we are looking for the cheapest way to get from the airport in Anchorage to the Kenai Princess Wilderness lodge and from the lodge to the railway station in the afternoon the next day. Need suggestions please, and thank you! :D:D

Since we are not doing a tour, we are looking for the cheapest way to get from the airport in Anchorage to the Kenai Princess Wilderness lodge and from the lodge to the railway station in the afternoon the next day. Need suggestions please, and thank you! :D:D

They refer to this lodge as a "secluded resort". What city/town is the railway station in? That lodge is two hours from Anchorage and one hour from Seward. You'll need a car.

If the train station is in Seward, you could easily get there from Anchorage, and if you stay near the docks, the train station is nearby.

I only know this because when we were looking for lodging after our cruise, which ends in Seward, the Princess lodge came up in Trip Advisor and I saw how far away it was. We went with the Harbor 360 Hotel there.

You need a car. There isn't any train or bus transportation there outside of the cruise line.

There is shuttle service from the lodge to Seward by Princess.

WHY are you staying there? This isn't a place to be without a car if independent.

Your plan makes no sense. I'm going to make an assumption- you are mixing up locations with the McKinley Princess, that has shuttle service to the Talkeetna Rail station.

Neither of these lodges is worth just going there for a single day. I suggest you back up perhaps. and maybe, ask itinerary questions for trip planning on this board.