Wine Lovers Musical on the Breakaway

GrootmoederkKr

I don't think it has changed much. It's entertaining, but silly. Think of it as a lightweight musical with synchronized wine drining. You get to drink a lot of wine - 5 or 6 glasses I think? I lost count. It's a "do once" kind of a thing but some people would not find it entertaining and if you don't like wine give it a miss.

I don't think it has changed much. It's entertaining, but silly. Think of it as a lightweight musical with synchronized wine drining. You get to drink a lot of wine - 5 or 6 glasses I think? I lost count. It's a "do once" kind of a thing but some people would not find it entertaining and if you don't like wine give it a miss.

I'm one of those who "don't love wine"....not after one glass of it. So I gave my surplus to DH (who ended up sleeping for hours after the show). I'm also not a meat eater, therefore the meal didn't appeal to me.

As far as the entertainment aspect of the show...it was cute and something to do. (I probably would have been happier with one glass of wine and and a chicken option.)

Pelican Bill, thanks for your response. You continue to provide great info.

Recently off the escape, and we saw this. We didn’t know what to expect but we’re somewhat pleasantly surprised. A nice way to spend the afternoon. Light entertainment but enjoyable. Surf and turf set menu. Service was excellent and the wines were whilst not award winning, fine. 6 glases and a prosecco if i remember correctly, but keep in mind they are not full glasses so over the duration of the show it was manageable. The table beside us barely touched a drop all eight of them!! Why go?? Anyhow we would gladly go again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April42749, thanks for your response. I agree with you on the wine, no way I could drink 5-6 glasses of wine in an hour 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷.

Sounds like it still might be fun to see.

You're welcome!

But when I hear someone say "no way I could drink 5-6 glasses of wine in an hour" I want to drag them along and find out for sure!

Just did this on the Escape a few weeks ago and it ended up being one of the highlights. Very well done show, with the singers from the Brat Pack, I believe. It's fun, lighthearted and you get wine and a meal! About $23 for the show, which includes salad appetizer, surf and turf meal (small piece of steak, fried ship, mashed potatoes), cheesecake dessert, 5 glasses of wine (3 white, 2 red) and then 1 glass of prosecco to finish.

Honestly, the host and singers made it very fun and enjoyable - as well as the wine drinking! The meal itself was okay - the steak was very inconsistently cooked. Of course they don't offer you the choice of temp, but mine was shoe-leather compared to others.

Has anyone attended the Wine Lovers Musical recently? Any feedback would be appreciated. Could only find an older post about the experience. TIA

Not to recently but in April. We loved the show, well worth the money but the problem,they crowded too many into too few tables. It was almost impossible to even eat. I understand it is a money maker and for them, the more the merrier but this was over the top. Otherwise it was a fun afternoon.;)

Let me add, our show was over an hour long, if I remember right and yes, there is a lot of wine, but no one forces us to drink every drop of every glass. For those who really do not enjoy wine it woudl be a waste of money, for those who drink wine, but not a lot just take a sip or so or each glass. That is what many at our table were doing.

Edited by newmexicoNita