Regal Princess: Dry Dock

stevenr597

We read about the changes to Royal Princess after her Dry Dock refurbishment. When will her sister ship, the Regal Princess go into Dry Dock, and what will be the changes, especially will they put in a center staircase.

Maybe I'm crazy (yeah I definitely am) but.... I believe the Regal was already in dry dock at the beginning of summer to prepare her for the Ocean Medallion and all the tech that comes along with it. The center staircase was always there, but only part was open to the public. The rest was crew. I believe in the dry dock they opened it up to all and finished it with carpet like all the rest.

Andrew :)

Maybe I'm crazy (yeah I definitely am) but.... I believe the Regal was already in dry dock at the beginning of summer to prepare her for the Ocean Medallion and all the tech that comes along with it. The center staircase was always there, but only part was open to the public. The rest was crew. I believe in the dry dock they opened it up to all and finished it with carpet like all the rest.

Andrew :)

It was my understanding that this past Spring Royal Princess was in Dry Dock and had the changes you mentioned. I do not think that Princess would put two ships of the same class in dry dock at the same time.

Yes, the center staircase is now open. However, the design is different from the stairs that were public from the beginning (no double-wide sections; instead its's three separate single-wide stairs) and it does seem to be slightly steeper than the other public stairs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Regal was in dry dock to get the upgrades for the Ocean Medallion program that will be rolled out this December. The center staircase was opened all the way up. We will be on the Regal 10 day New Years cruise. Will see how the Ocean Medallion works out.