Birth Certificate Issue

Jthomasou

It doesn't really matter since done is done. I completed my online check in for our upcoming cruise over a year ago and if I noticed then that the passport was expiring I would have made a mental note to renew it, but with my memory it could have been forgotten. Bottom line is that people make these types of mistakes all of the time.

You check in a year in advance? I wouldn't think the cruiselines would allow that. I would forgot what credit card I attached and stuff like that. I check in about a month ahead.

You check in a year in advance? I wouldn't think the cruiselines would allow that. I would forgot what credit card I attached and stuff like that. I check in about a month ahead.

I did mine 500 days out, what is the point of not doing it as soon as possible.

It’s the first time they have cruised and they have 4 children under the age of 6.

It’s obviously not ideal and not an excuse but it is what it is

Just trying to make the best of a bad sotuation

Ok so here is the reason and it's understandable but since the initial post was yesterday and today is the cruise....what happened? Are the kids going with her? Or were 6 pax denied boarding?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok so here is the reason and it's understandable but since the initial post was yesterday and today is the cruise....what happened? Are the kids going with her? Or were 6 pax denied boarding?

They only officially deny the one with no documentation to board, whether or not the others would stay behind would be up to those traveling.

They only officially deny the one with no documentation to board, whether or not the others would stay behind would be up to those traveling.

In the previous posts it's stated that this pax with the expired pp has 4 kids under 6

My question is....is she taking them and her dh on this cruise?

If so then...all 6 would not be cruising....would the dh and kids be denied? Nope...but it doesn't take too much thought to figure out if mom is denied the other 5 are with 100% certainty not cruising either

Otoh it could just be a parents cruise...then only 2 would miss the cruise

Regardless...the boarding was today and I would like to know how this all played out

In the previous posts it's stated that this pax with the expired pp has 4 kids under 6

My question is....is she taking them and her dh on this cruise?

If so then...all 6 would not be cruising....would the dh and kids be denied? Nope...but it doesn't take too much thought to figure out if mom is denied the other 5 are with 100% certainty not cruising either

Otoh it could just be a parents cruise...then only 2 would miss the cruise

Regardless...the boarding was today and I would like to know how this all played out

All 6 might not be cruising but only one will have been denied boarding. If the rest of the family decided not to go that's their decision, it's not a decision of the cruise line or anyone else (and I know many families that would still go on the cruise, after making sure the one denied boarding had a hotel to stay in). In any event it's moot given OP's most recent update.

My sister-in-law just discovered her passport is expired and can not find her birth certificate.

Our cruise leaves tomorrow. Has anyone ever had this problem and figured out some miracle to be able to board.

Have no idea. You can’t even book with a passport expiring within 6mos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sure you can, the 6 month rule is only for certain countries and none of those countries are on itineraries where one can use a BC/gov't issued photo ID. According to the State Dept:

How long is a passport valid and is it true that it needs to have at least 6 months of validity remaining?

If you were age 16 or older when your passport was issued, your passport is valid for 10 years.

If you were under 16 when your passport was issued, your passport is valid for 5 years.

The Issue Date of your passport can be found on the data page of your Passport Book or on the front of your Passport Card.

Some countries require that your passport be valid at least six months beyond the dates of your trip. Some airlines will not allow you to board if this requirement is not met. Consider the following scenario: A country requires that you have at least six months of validity on your passport. You currently have seven months of validity on your passport. However, your trip is two months from now. At that point, you will only have five months of validity remaining on your passport which is not enough to satisfy that country's entry requirements. In this situation, you would need to renew your passport before you can make your trip.

This is not true on Carnival for closed looped cruises with the exception of Cuba. The run of the mill Bahamas, Eastern, Western, and Southern Caribbean cruises do not even require a passport and as long as it is valid upon your return to the US you are fine.

Seeing as how you can book without even having a passport, I'll go out on a limb and say this is not true. And, you can cruise on a passport that expires the day after you return. (Assuming your ship returns on time, of course).

ETA: Wow. Seems my response was a bit slow.

Seeing as how you can book without even having a passport, I'll go out on a limb and say this is not true. And, you can cruise on a passport that expires the day after you return. (Assuming your ship returns on time, of course).

ETA: Wow. Seems my response was a bit slow.

Her passport is already expired. Poor planning.

I think we can all question how does someone make that mistake - Was it poor planning? Yes... But has anyone ever run out of gas, left a candle burning, left the stove on, left their car unlocked, get caught for speeding, do something wrong... Seriously **** happens to the best of us - we've all done something that we've paid for and learned from.

Lucky for them they were able to get a BC done and with them so that will work great - Probably learned their lesson about confirming all documents before cruising.

Enjoy the Cruise!!!