Do you use the stateroom safe?

Alaynne

I trust the safe in my Ships Cabin. However, Hotels are a different story. Here is why.

A few years ago another couple was to join us on Grand Med Cruise and we agreed to arrive 5 days early at the port.

We had found a really nice hotel and signed up for a double suite, two bedrooms with attached baths, a fully stocked kitchen, and a living room plus balcony. And a Safe.

My friend and I had agreed to use my secret safe code of 1=2=3=4 star :D so either of us could access the safe any time. On the second day I closed the safe door with a hard push and the safe moved. Say what? I pushed on it again and it move some more. Then I pulled on it and the safe almost fell off the shelf it was sitting. It was not bolted down.

I knocked on the other bedroom door and showed my friend what I had found out. From that time on we carried our pass ports, credit cards, etc under our shirts until we boarded the ship.

And, since then, I hit the safe in any hotel room I stay in before entering my access code.

Bob

...On the second day I closed the safe door with a hard push and the safe moved. Say what? I pushed on it again and it move some more. Then I pulled on it and the safe almost fell off the shelf it was sitting. It was not bolted down... From that time on we carried our pass ports, credit cards, etc under our shirts until we boarded the ship.

...Bob

Well, you could have put your things in the safe and then hidden the safe under the bed...:evilsmile:

Well, you could have put your things in the safe and then hidden the safe under the bed...:evilsmile:

Yes, however with my luck, room service would notice the missing safe and Hotel Security would be waiting for me in the lobby when I came back. And, English would not be a language they were fluent in.

Bob

I trust the safe in my Ships Cabin. However, Hotels are a different story. Here is why.

A few years ago another couple was to join us on Grand Med Cruise and we agreed to arrive 5 days early at the port.

We had found a really nice hotel and signed up for a double suite, two bedrooms with attached baths, a fully stocked kitchen, and a living room plus balcony. And a Safe.

My friend and I had agreed to use my secret safe code of 1=2=3=4 star :D so either of us could access the safe any time. On the second day I closed the safe door with a hard push and the safe moved. Say what? I pushed on it again and it move some more. Then I pulled on it and the safe almost fell off the shelf it was sitting. It was not bolted down.

I knocked on the other bedroom door and showed my friend what I had found out. From that time on we carried our pass ports, credit cards, etc under our shirts until we boarded the ship.

And, since then, I hit the safe in any hotel room I stay in before entering my access code.

Bob

I have experienced that with some hotel safes too.