Half Moon Cay Question

Chief Cruiser

U R still wrong - both brands have been to HMC on the same day in the past. Wait a couple more days and I bet more people report being at HMC with HAL & CCL. Like I said before I've seen pictures that I don't believe were photoshopped.

Thread speaks for itself:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2554501

OCruisers - hmmm

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51668786&postcount=7

That's good to hear. I always figured #1 would be in a pretty loud, crowded area (and I suspect the "crowded" part is still true).

It IS the only cabana that is wheelchair-accessible, unless they've changed things.

Yes, it is the accessible cabana. On embarkation day, we were the last to choose our cabana and that was the one that was remaining. The only thing about #1 is the path behind the cabanas leads right into the cabana (therefor accessible). We had to take one of the loungers off the beach and place it on the path to stop people from coming into our cabana. Besides that slight inconvenience, we loved having the cabana.

We have booked a cabana for our upcoming cruise, and should be able to get a better pick (of course away from the Pirate Ship Bar!!), hoping for down the beach a bit (#9 or 10).

There is plenty of the beach that you can get far enough away from the Pirate Ship Bar and not have to hear the blasting music. We were in Cabana 1 a few years back, and we could hear the music but it definitely was not loud where we were. :D

I am not sure when they added the LOUD music to the beach, but just like GT, you need to go a ways down the beach to enjoy it without the loud music (noise) from the DJ's.

It's a tropical island, why do we need Disco music?? A live Steel Drum Band would be a much better fit!

Reminds me of my last Magic cruise.....we couldn't even order drinks , or tacos/burgers etc. on the Lido Deck pool area without YELLING!!:p

CARNIVAL...CAN YOU HEAR THIS!!!!:p

We don't mind the music from the bar and certainly don't think it's too loud. But we do enjoy walking all the way down the beach until we cannot walk anymore. So private and quiet. We stay there for a couple hours and then mosey back close to the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, it is the accessible cabana. On embarkation day, we were the last to choose our cabana and that was the one that was remaining. The only thing about #1 is the path behind the cabanas leads right into the cabana (therefor accessible). We had to take one of the loungers off the beach and place it on the path to stop people from coming into our cabana. Besides that slight inconvenience, we loved having the cabana.

The single biggest complaint I've read on CC about those closer cabanas is that people frequently disregard the "private rental" signage. :(

We have booked a cabana for our upcoming cruise, and should be able to get a better pick (of course away from the Pirate Ship Bar!!), hoping for down the beach a bit (#9 or 10).

We've had #9 and #11 before...I think that area is the best unless you want nearly complete privacy, which would entail booking #14 or #15.

• 2 weeks later...
We just got the notification today from Carnival that the Conquest's schedule on that 3/11/2017 itinerary has been scrambled such that it won't be making a stop in HMC on 3/12/2017 - it will be later in the itinerary and currently there are no other ships scheduled for HMC on that new port stop date.

Actually, Ms Zuiderdam and Ms Eurodam are both scheduled to be there on that day. Easiest way to find out who will be in what port when is by going to http://www.cruisetimetables.com They have EVERYBODY in the world listed on there. Best part is, it's easy to use too. Check it out :)

Actually, Ms Zuiderdam and Ms Eurodam are both scheduled to be there on that day. Easiest way to find out who will be in what port when is by going to www.cruisetimetables.com They have EVERYBODY in the world listed on there. Best part is, it's easy to use too. Check it out :)

Actually, there will not be any other ships in HMC on the NEW scheduled port stop there for Conquest (March 15, 2018) which is what I was referring to. Eurodam and Zuiderdam are scheduled for HMC on the original Conquest port day (March 12) and that's why Conquest's schedule was scrambled for that week. Also, I've been using cruisetimetables for years and agree it's very easy to use and is always quite accurate. ;)

Edit: I also noted that Sensation's call on HMC for February 19, 2018 has also been moved to February 20 due to Zuiderdam being in HMC on the 19th. I'm not sure what kind of arrangements Carnival has with Holland America but HAL usually bumps Carnival ships from HMC regardless of who was scheduled there first.

Edited by joepeka

My mistake. Since there was no mention of the 15th in your post I assumed the date you were talking about was the 12th. I stand corrected. Good to know you are up to date.

No worries. I could have been more specific in my comment..... :(

That whole situation with HAL bumping a Carnival ship (even though the Carnival ship had been scheduled there prior to HAL's) kinda put a burr under my saddle.