Britannia Evening Dress Code

mojo007

Hi all, one further question regarding the dress code, are teenagers expected to wear open collar shirts/polo shirts or would smart t-shirts be allowed for the evenings?

I think that rather depends on the 'teenager'. Are we talking about a 4ft 6ins 13 year old or a 6ft 2ins 17 year old? If they look like a child, they can dress like a child. If they look like an adult, they should dress like an adult.

I think that rather depends on the 'teenager'. Are we talking about a 4ft 6ins 13 year old or a 6ft 2ins 17 year old? If they look like a child, they can dress like a child. If they look like an adult, they should dress like an adult.

We've a 5ft 7ins 11 year old so height isn't always an indication of age but I accept your point. :)

• 2 years later...
On 10/18/2017 at 11:27 PM, stephen@stoneyard.co.uk said:

If you want to make full use of the restaurants, bars, theatres and other venues on non formal nights then you should wear trousers or smart dark jeans. I think this would exclude faded or ripped jeans. What you could get away with in reality is another matter. I do think shorts would be considered too casual for many venues.

On formal nights if you are not in some form of dark suit you will have very limited in options on the ship. Smart casual will be fine in the buffet though. You might feel you are missing out on some of things you have paid for.

To some degree the ship, time of year, destination and weather are also a factor. A family friendly ship, in the school holidays, going to beach resorts with hot weather is probably a bit more casual but still within the stated dress code.

Personally, on non formal nights I go for trousers, shirt, tie and blazer but that is my choice. I would not expect others to dress the same way.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums