Do staff dance in MDR every night?

Bazzybuggs

On the Vista for ATD, they did it twice on the nights when they danced. We arrived during the first dance and then the second was around our dessert time (by random chance).

Twice in one night? Not sure I'd be happy about that lol

Life is a disease with a 100% mortality rate

Okay, for all you 'stick in the muds', it's been a tradition on Carnival ships going back a very long time. Some folks view it as a major highlight so I wouldn't count on it going away anytime soon. While not every night, my experience with most cruises is that it'll happen roughly 4 times on a typical 7 day cruise. I never remember it on night #1 and always remember it on the final night.

Our experience is that the timing is based around the dessert schedule for both early and late dining, roughly an hour or so into that fixed seating. So if you happen to be ATD and show up at 7, you might see it twice. I believe but am not certain that the maitre d has some discretion on how often/when so YMMV. Enjoy, you're on vacation.

I have always wondered about this and on last couple of cruises watched the crews faces.

Me' date=' too.

On the miracle Journey cruise think the majority of the crew actually likes it, especially the ones on the pedestals.

It looked to me like nearly all of the crew enjoyed doing it on the Vista two weeks ago. I was watching the ones who were "less practiced" and even they seemed to have an honest (as opposed to a forced) smile while they were trying to do the motions.

On one night there wasn't a "show" per se; some of the wait-staff put on their costumes and paraded through the dining-room carrying flaming Baked Alaska. That was something we hadn't seen before. (And yes, the Baked Alaska was really good. :halo: )

On CCL they dance the most. RCCL not as much. I have to admit didn't like it at 1st, then it kinda grew on me. The staff always enjoys it so it's fun. They have a very hard job, so it's one way to have a little fun. In my job can't think I would see the judges hop into a dance,LOL. Of course we had the dancing Judge Ito on the Tonight show.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...