Nov. 11 Now Going Back to St. Thomas

CherryG

Blizzardboy thank you for helping. One chartered flight has been completed by a family member where he took supplies down, and he brought those in medical trouble back to Miami. So much needs to be done, and we need to help our fellow citizens all we can.

Blizzardboy thank you for helping. One chartered flight has been completed by a family member where he took supplies down, and he brought those in medical trouble back to Miami. So much needs to be done, and we need to help our fellow citizens all we can.

I thought I read a Naval hospital ship isanchored or docked at San Juan to treat the injured and ill. I'd venture there is some v ery good medical care being accomplished on that ship. I also read about 40% of the island's hospitals are open and operating. Perhaps I am mistaken?

Sail the ship is there, but you have to be referred by a hospital and some people still have no access to medical care. You also have to be taken to the ship by boat, so it's hard for anyone to get there on their own. They are doing an incredible job, and more people need to be able to get help there. There are also a lot of Veterans on the island, and the VA is open and providing care as well.

Sail the ship is there, but you have to be referred by a hospital and some people still have no access to medical care. You also have to be taken to the ship by boat, so it's hard for anyone to get there on their own. They are doing an incredible job, and more people need to be able to get help there. There are also a lot of Veterans on the island, and the VA is open and providing care as well.

From a VA nurse please take care of our VETS. TIA

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Forums mobile app

Sweettea58 thank you for being a VA Nurse. You are one of the angels that walk among us. My husband was a Vietnam Vet, doing 2 tours in Vietnam, worked at a VA for 35 years, and passed away at a VA hospital. I'm forever in your debt and those who work in VAs.

Yes, we all know about the contract. But that wasn't my point, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't blizzardboy's point. We should all understand when a change needs to be made due to weather or other unplanned circumstances. But when changes don't need to be made, it's perfectly understandable why folks would feel some disappointment, especially so close to sail date.

With things as volatile in the V.I. right now, it seems to me that everyone going to that area needs to be very, very flexible. I'm sure if any of the clean-up and reconstruction plans go sideways, it has a domino affect on the cruise industry. I can understand people feeling disappointed about changes in their itinerary, but my point is after what's happened is we should all anticipate things are in a state of flux and not complain. Just MO.

Sweettea58 thank you for being a VA Nurse. You are one of the angels that walk among us. My husband was a Vietnam Vet, doing 2 tours in Vietnam, worked at a VA for 35 years, and passed away at a VA hospital. I'm forever in your debt and those who work in VAs.

I sec ond that ^^ As the widow of a Viet Nam Combat Vet,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I never miss a chance to say how importanat I know it to be that our Vets get the best possible. c are. Without all the generations of Millitary Vets in this country, we would not have what Ameicans enjoy and without those who serve today, we would not keep it. We were newlyweds when my Dh served in Viet Nam. My dh never rceived care at a VA facility but if it was his choice, he could have.

Edited by sail7seas

Thank you, Sage. I must be mistaken in thinking that a large percentage of the island's hospitals are open and providing care. I am very happy to learn the VA is open.

Sail a lot of the hospitals are open, but it is by the grace of their gas supply as to how long the generators will allow them to be open. The VA is fully operational compared to some other hospitals. I know all the hospitals are doing the best they can under difficult circumstances. I know that we have volunteers from Florida going down for two weeks at a time to give a hand to those employees in all areas of operation of the facility.

A New England restaurant owner, the “Uncommon Man”, has been in Puerto Rico [emoji1202] since the hurricanes, helping out. Kudos to him.

I saw the small piece they did re: Uncommon Man on local news. He's been turning out a tot of food and it seems to be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was nice to see the volunterr work he is doing.