Haven Upgrade Perks vs. Booking Haven

brandid82

I've read quite a few posts on upgrades and on the perks that come with booking in Haven. I'm wondering what the difference is if you directly book a Haven cabin versus if you were to bid and be chosen to receive an upgrade into a Haven cabin. I've read that you keep the perks you already have. We signed up under the free UBP and 3rd and 4th passengers sail free. So if I were to bid and receive the upgrade, Haven passengers already get the UBP without paying the 18% gratuity because NCL pays for it. I already paid this, so would I get this back? Would I receive any specialty dining as a Haven passenger or the ability to switch to the dining promo since Haven passengers already get the UBP?

I'm just confused on if bidding for an upgrade gives all the amenities of booked Haven passengers or what the difference is between directly booking Haven and upgrading to Haven.

I appreciate any and all insight you have to offer. Thank you.

We signed up under the free UBP and 3rd and 4th passengers sail free. So if I were to bid and receive the upgrade, Haven passengers already get the UBP without paying the 18% gratuity because NCL pays for it.

That is no longer correct. Haven guests who book the Haven directly pay the 18% on the UBP/SDP.

I already paid this, so would I get this back?

No.

Would I receive any specialty dining as a Haven passenger or the ability to switch to the dining promo since Haven passengers already get the UBP?

No. Haven guests (even when booking directly) do not automatically get the current promos. Haven guests choose up to all 5 but pay for their choice just like everyone else.

I'm just confused on if bidding for an upgrade gives all the amenities of booked Haven passengers or what the difference is between directly booking Haven and upgrading to Haven.

Booking directly = you can choose all promos, some promos, or no promos.

Upsell/bid = you keep the promos you originally booked with.

I've read quite a few posts on upgrades and on the perks that come with booking in Haven. I'm wondering what the difference is if you directly book a Haven cabin versus if you were to bid and be chosen to receive an upgrade into a Haven cabin. I've read that you keep the perks you already have. We signed up under the free UBP and 3rd and 4th passengers sail free. So if I were to bid and receive the upgrade, Haven passengers already get the UBP without paying the 18% gratuity because NCL pays for it. I already paid this, so would I get this back? Would I receive any specialty dining as a Haven passenger or the ability to switch to the dining promo since Haven passengers already get the UBP?

I appreciate any and all insight you have to offer. Thank you.

NCL does not automatically give Haven guest the UBP it just so happens to be a current perk. YOU have to pay the 18% for the UBP and the SDP if those are your choices, NCL does not currently cover the gratuity for you even if you are staying in the Haven. If you bid to upgrade you only get to keep the perks that you have chosen on your original reservation. If you pay for the Haven upfront you receive all of the available perks currently being offered. Remember you still pay the 18% no matter which way you go.

That is no longer correct. Haven guests who book the Haven directly pay the 18% on the UBP/SDP.

No.

No. Haven guests (even when booking directly) do not automatically get the current promos. Haven guests choose up to all 5 but pay for their choice just like everyone else.

Booking directly = you can choose all promos, some promos, or no promos.

Upsell/bid = you keep the promos you originally booked with.

Thank you! I did try to research this and there was so much conflicting information. This really helps. So the benefits of Haven are the same regardless of bidding to upgrade/booking directly outside of the original promos that I booked with?

So the benefits of Haven are the same regardless of bidding to upgrade/booking directly outside of the original promos that I booked with?

Everything "Haven" is the same.

The promos (direct vs bid) are usually different. Direct (usually) pick/pay for all promos. Bid will keep/pay for whatever the original booking was. You can (for ex.) change the SDP to something else if the bid wins and if you decide that the Haven restaurant makes the SDP unnecessary.

Everything "Haven" is the same.

The promos (direct vs bid) are usually different. Direct (usually) pick/pay for all promos. Bid will keep/pay for whatever the original booking was. You can (for ex.) change the SDP to something else if the bid wins and if you decide that the Haven restaurant makes the SDP unnecessary.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me mess this up a bit more. The terms perks and promo's get tossed around quite a bit.

You get all the PERKS that come with suite/haven. Butler, breakfast/lunch depending on ship, etc.

You get the PROMO that you get in whatever cabin you originally booked. So if you book a balcony and got 2 promo's - Dining and Drink for example, you will only have those in the bidding upgrade thing. If you actually BOOK the suite/haven, you have the OPTION to get up all five, and pay the gratuity on those that have them.

When you book direct you get the free bottles of liquor or wine off the menu.

When you bid you keep your old perks with no bottles.

Did this change that is how it used to be?

Again, perks tied to the cabin, and promos tied to booking can get mixed up.

BUT - in this case, a different issue. I believe only the OS, DOS, and Garden Villa get the free bottles of booze. Regular haven suites do not.

Let me mess this up a bit more. The terms perks and promo's get tossed around quite a bit.

You get all the PERKS that come with suite/haven. Butler, breakfast/lunch depending on ship, etc.

You get the PROMO that you get in whatever cabin you originally booked. So if you book a balcony and got 2 promo's - Dining and Drink for example, you will only have those in the bidding upgrade thing. If you actually BOOK the suite/haven, you have the OPTION to get up all five, and pay the gratuity on those that have them.

Yes! This cleared it up for me. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So they are running a special where OV and above gets 5 promos (although I think this is now off), but in that case seems like it might be worth purchasing the balcony and hoping to get a bid for a HAVEN suite.....

You can HOPE for

1 - an offer to bid

2 - Being able to bid high enough

3 - Being the person that actually bids and wins