New Section of Enchantment of The Seas

artvlay

It's not so simple, art. I could hold up my fingers on the deck plan and show you "from here to here" on any deck of the ship, but that wouldn't help you from where you are. It is different, numerically, on each deck of the ship. That's why steve asked you "which deck."

It is in the middle, and it includes the new Oasis Bar on the pool deck. It IS between the elevators, but if you've never been on the ship and don't know the layout, it really can't be described any better.

If you give me a cabin number, I can eyeball the deck plans and give you my opinion. That's all it will be.

You can try a travel agent who specializes in cruises or an RCI agent at their 800 number.

Carol

Would you mind taking a look for me, also? -- Cabin 8108 (on, of course Deck 8).

Thanks.

The new cabins are exactly half way between the elevators. 8108 is right at the elevator so the answer would be this is an "old" cabin. The newer cabins on deck 8 would be shown in purple "Superior Oceanview Stateroom"

Art, since you are not getting a balcony, I'm going to pick deck 4 as an example, the new section would be between cabins 4567-4583.

My understanding is the only difference between the "new" and "old" cabins are the TV and the shower. I could care less about the TV, I'm not going on a cruise ship to watch TV. And if the shower is clean, I'm happy. I don't think those are really a big deal but that is my opinion.

We have booked oceanview 2538,2540,2542,2544 booked on the Enchantment of the Seas for Dec 23/06. Are they in the new section or has anybody had these cabins before. Does RC move or upgrade if you have already picked your cabins.

It happened to us....

We were booked in a Large Inside Stateroom aboard the Legend, and three weeks before we sail, I checked the website, and they upgraded us to a Superior Oceanview w/ Balcony at NO EXTRA CHARGE.

We felt like we hit the Lotto.

I'm sure it was a once in a lifetime thing, so this time we booked the JS from the get-go. ;)

Hint? We had a connecting inside cabin, so I think they upgraded us to make room for a group of people that wanted the inside connecting rooms. It was win-win for all. The people who wanted the interior cabins got them, and we were upgraded to a balcony. :)

Just a thought, but I think it may be the reason.

We have booked oceanview 2538,2540,2542,2544 booked on the Enchantment of the Seas for Dec 23/06. Are they in the new section or has anybody had these cabins before. Does RC move or upgrade if you have already picked your cabins.

Those are in the old section. New section is about 10 cabins towards the back. You can upgrade when you go to check in if they have cabins available. Sometimes at a discount depending how full the ship is.

Thanks for all the good information on where the new section is located. The problem in calling the cruise line, is that they don't seem to be that knowledgeable. I have found Cruise Critic members are MUCH more informative. I have gotten bad info from the lines on a number of occasions, so I don't trust them.

Mary

Hope all is well with you and Carl. We had a wonderful time on the transatlantic cruise. The Brilliance is exactly like Serenade, so it was ideal. Seven and a half days at sea. We are thinking of doing it again in 2007. We plan on taking the Enchantment over New Years 2007. It is a pretty good deal for a six day cruise. Have a wonderful holiday, Maria sends her regards. P.S. Went to Tony Lukes on Saturday, it is still wonderful.

Marshall

Archived