Transportation to Port Canaveral from Sanford airport?

crazycruzer68

Hi, we had a similar problem last year. We wound up booking with a company called "Travel Sanford Airport" or "Sanford Airport Shuttle". DO NOT use these people. We waited around for over two hours while they shifted us from one van to then next and never did leave. Major disorganization. We eventually had to pay someone else to take us and I had to file a dispute on my card to get a refund for our prepayment. I have talked to others who had similar experience and the port employees knew about this guy and wondered how he was still allowed to do business in the port. He does not apparently own any vehicles and just negotiates with other owners to cram his customers in their rides. They also have websites under other names as well.

The safest bet is to do a rental. It is not that much farther than MCO, but very few companies go there because of the lower volume of passengers. If we ever use Sanford again I will look into a rental car.

Your best bet would be to rent a car. Sanford has a small airport, so check with the car rental place on where to return your car. I'm not 100% sure there are any rental cars that are onsite. Getting from PC to Sanford is an easy route. You will most likely be using the toll road (417) Ensure you have cash as some of the exits are exact change. The car rental will charge you a premium to use their pass.

Getting through the airport is easy and quick. I assume you are flying Allegiant Air. The worse part is checking in at the counter. They have lines for each flights, so watch the signs at the line entrance. The folks who check you in are the folks who work the gates. This is why they want you there 1 hour prior. I've shown up there with 30 minutes and went directly to the gate. I didn't have to get a ticket, check a bag, and security was a blink of the eye.

I live in the area and I would rent a car. Be sure to look for gators in the water driving over the 417 bridge! Lake Jesup is full of them. I drive over the bridge quite often and it never ceases to amaze me. If you have time take take a look into visiting Black Hammock.

Renting a car is the smart move and lets you dine and spend the night where you want; drop the car off the morning of your cruise in PC/Cocoa Beach and ride the rental agency's free shuttle to the port.