Advance itinerary changes

gerelmx

I have noticed on the CTT website that Philsburg St. Maarten will not be port of call for several Celebrity cruises in 2018, including ours in Eclipse 03/18/18, this has been replaced by Basseterre St. Kits.

These early changes (5 months) were not notified to the passengers, a member of our roll call talk with Celebrity yesterday afternoon and they confirmed that St. Maarten would not be our port on March 21 and that he could not confirm the substitute port. Also mentioned that the passengers would be the first to know.

It annoys you to find out by other means the changes in your itinerary.

Yeah St Kitts is great also been there only one time.

Edited by gerelmx

The conditions of the ports may change and change and change again. Too early to know what will be happening in March. You may find that you will be going to Saint Maarten. Or perhaps some other island all together. Watching the Celebrity website for further updates and watching cruise critic for the same will be best sources of information

Our sailing in Jan according to Celebrity hasn't changed "YET". Multiple 3rd party booking sites have St. Maarten changing and not all of those agree on what island "if any" will be the replacement. Personally praying it's not Nassau or Jamaica if there are in fact changes made - have to wait an see.

A cruise in March is way too far down the pecking order to expect celebrity to be sending you notice about it. They are worked no as fast as they can to notify cruisers with trips in November, December and The first part of 2018. March passengers will have to wait to see how the first few months of this year's Caribbean season evolve.

I have noticed that if you used a travel agent, they tend to notify them instead of you. Celebrity now has a page on their website where they note itinerary changes. It can be reached by going to home page and then look at the very top.. there you can click and see the changes. I am not sure that they go out this far. But from what I have read St Maarten was very very heavily damaged and there are those that question not just when it will be back but if it will ever come back. Now I assume that since it has been so popular, it is in the best interest of the Netherlands, France and the cruise lines to help them get back as quickly as possible. It is one of my preferred stops. St Thomas may have similar problems.. but hopefully the US will help them along with PR to get back in shape... since there economies rely on tourism.

Just got a newsletter from RCCL. They seem to think they will be back in St Maarten in December! And they think they will be back in San Juan in late November.... so maybe things are getting better faster than I thought... or hopeful thinking.