Oceanview guarantee (OX)- Possible to change assigned room?

fstuff1

"Sail Away Oceanview:

As our lowest available rate for this category, a Sail Away Oceanview stateroom guarantees you’ll receive an Oceanview stateroom or better! Please note that the view may be fully obstructed, partially obstructed, porthole or picture window. Your stateroom may be on any deck and assigned up to one day prior to embarkation.

Promotional rates and offers are excluded on this stateroom category (OX)- decks 4,5, or 8 "

What if on the day before sailing i still see a picture window OV thats available.

Is there a way to change my room to that?

What if on the day before sailing i still see a picture window OV thats available.

You can ask. There's no provision for doing that so NCL probably won't do it. But you can always ask.

"Sail Away Oceanview:

As our lowest available rate for this category, a Sail Away Oceanview stateroom guarantees you’ll receive an Oceanview stateroom or better! Please note that the view may be fully obstructed, partially obstructed, porthole or picture window. Your stateroom may be on any deck and assigned up to one day prior to embarkation.

Promotional rates and offers are excluded on this stateroom category (OX)- decks 4,5, or 8 "

Pay to upgrade.

I booked an OX as well, as I'm an occasional drinker, and didnt need the packages. It is my first NCL. I was assigned a porthole beside the gangway on the bottom passenger deck. Probably the least desirable cabin. I had hoped paying for an outside initially would help in the bid I was offered to participate in by email, but I have seen a post where someone leap-frogged from an inside to a balcony already. I bid on a balcony, not a minisuite, because I don't prefer a bathtub, and sailing solo, that is plenty of room. Oh, well... there's still some time and my bid is still active. Otherwise, I'm glad I'm an early riser, because on port days, it's going to be very noisy, I am sure.

If you are asking if you can get a free change to a better room the answer will be no. If you are asking if you can pay to upgrade to a better room after final payment, the answer is usually yes.

However, on every sailing I’ve been on, by the week of sailing very few categories are open, usually it’s sold out; and as the sailing gets closer the ability to pick your own cabin goes away and only guarantees are available. If you are interested in paying to upgrade it’s better to do it sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums