Using carnival wifi on apple watch

cocacola

if i purchase the middle wifi package from carnival, forgot what it is called, will the wifi work on my Apple Watch series 3, do i need to have iPhone with me for it to work or will it work by itself for getting mail and messages.

You need to enter in your folio and DOB on a carnival landing page to get access to the wifi...so unless you were connected to your iPhone, it wouldn't work.

I have used my iPhone to connect to the internet though (Carnival Hub for instance) and notifications do show up on my Apple Watch.

You need to enter in your folio and DOB on a carnival landing page to get access to the wifi...so unless you were connected to your iPhone, it wouldn't work.

I have used my iPhone to connect to the internet though (Carnival Hub for instance) and notifications do show up on my Apple Watch.

Is there a Hub app for watch, or it is just getting the notifications?

don't think you understand what an App is. If it's an IOS device, you go to App store and download any App

I don't think you understand how Apple Watch works...

But no, there is no specific app for Apple Watch...only receives notifications

don't think you understand what an App is. If it's an IOS device, you go to App store and download any App

Lol.. I am quite familiar with what an app is.

I don't think you understand how Apple Watch works...

But no, there is no specific app for Apple Watch...only receives notifications

Thanks for answering my question.

if i purchase the middle wifi package from carnival, forgot what it is called, will the wifi work on my Apple Watch series 3, do i need to have iPhone with me for it to work or will it work by itself for getting mail and messages.

Isn’t the Apple Watch 3 an independent #? If so, you should be able to use without your phone with WiFi like you can at home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Isn’t the Apple Watch 3 an independent #? If so, you should be able to use without your phone with WiFi like you can at home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Right, but you don’t get cell service out in the ocean. At least not for free. If there’s no app on the Apple Watch to connect to WiFi which is why you would need the Hub App in this case on your phone, then it would have to work off of the cellular network just like the iPads that are able to do that.

Not used an Apple Watch so don’t know exactly how it works. However, just have a general note about non-phone/computer devices connecting to WiFi. I bought a nice camera for a trip and was excited that it could connect to WiFi and transmit pictures to my phone for posting. What I discovered, however, is that without a true internet browser, it couldn’t connect at a lot of places. Many many public WiFi networks now require more than just a password login. You need to log in but you don’t really connect until you go to a certain webpage and agree to their terms and conditions and/or put a name/room number in. Can’t do this without an internet browser. So, just a general FYI; not sure if it will apply to the Apple Watch or not

Sent from my iPhone using Forums